查看完整版本: Warbler ID please

mguy 28/02/2010 19:01

Warbler ID please

Had just been in for a bathe so colours & plumage may be affected.... have I got yet another Dusky Warbler?
Thanks your assistance...

[img]http://lamma.hk/Images_2010/D3_03109.jpg[/img]

[[i] Last edited by mguy at 28/02/2010 19:03 [/i]]

cgeoff 28/02/2010 19:37

This is Asian Stubtail.

Excellent photo of a species difficult to see well.

GeoffC

tsheunglai 28/02/2010 20:01

Stubtail bush warbler

Dear Mguy

Pleas state what date and place you took photo of the bird. It first helps record purposes if
someone especially bird data compilers feel interested. Secondly, information you provide helps others more aware of the time and place and habitat you found the bird. And finally it speeds up identification.

Looking forward to see more of your fine photos.

S L Tai

mguy 28/02/2010 20:09

Thanks & apologies.

Was taken today (28/02/2010) at about 17:00 on a north-facing hillside near running water & with dense undergrowth about...... on Lamma Island
Has been a constant visitor to the same spot over the last 3 years but very rarely seen.

All the best, Guy

[[i] Last edited by mguy at 28/02/2010 20:11 [/i]]

cgeoff 28/02/2010 21:06

Just to correct something SL Tai has written that might be misinterpreted. The Society, and in particular the Records Committee, would MUCH rather that people submitted records to the Society using the appropriate forms (an Excel file for records of typical species such as this). Posting sightings or photographs on the Forum does not constitute the submission of a record. Please think of how many such postings there are, and how much manpower would be required to trawl through the website and pull out these records each year. A lot. Unfortunately, we simply don't have the resources.

Regds,

GeoffC
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Warbler ID please