查看完整版本: On the HKBWS bird race

HFCheung 7/04/2010 19:46

On the HKBWS bird race

HKBWS has organized the bird race for 7 years.  Here are some suggestions from HKBWS office.

1. To make the race more interesting, someone suggest that birds that are difficult to find should carry a heavier weighting factor.  For example, Oriental Plover can carry a weighting factor of 2.  That means 1 oriental plover is worth the same as 2 common bird species.

2. The race can provide better chances for participants to see more good birds, by making sightings of rare species known to participants immediately.  In this way, participants who have not seen this species can decide whether to go for it immediately.

3. Information on suggested race route has been raised by some participants.  I think this is a good idea, and these information can be used for many years once they are prepared.

We like to have members, especially bird race participants, telling us what you think about this, and raise more suggestions if you have any.  I heard somebody suggested that the chairman should pay the bird race dinner.  I think I would denote that to HKBWS instead.  Sorry, you still need to pay for your own dinner.

HF Cheung

fatchun 7/04/2010 20:04

Although it would be troublesome, posting the bird list of each group after the race would be very interesting!
For me, I am very interesed in the bird records of other groups and I think I can find some birds that we have not seen=]

This is my personal suggestion only! Thank you very much!~3551smile445

irenewong 7/04/2010 21:20

I support this idea. Apart from the bird species, we can also see the location & thus know where to find the birds we are interested in. If manpower to input data from the bird reports is a concern, I would suggest we can just scan the reports as PDF files. Thank you.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: On the HKBWS bird race