查看完整版本: unidentified cuckoo-shrike, Lung Fu Shan

bond 14/04/2010 16:05

unidentified cuckoo-shrike, Lung Fu Shan

This morning (14th April) at 9am, My friends and I came across a strange cuckoo-shrike in Lung Fu Shan. It was perching on an exposed tree branch for more than 30 seconds. Unfortunately, i haven't brought camera.........

This is a large-sized cuckoo-shrike with the same size of a spotted dove. Its overall colour is pale grey with almost white in its breast and belly. There are some very fine bars in its upperparts and it has a whitish rump. There is a blackish but not very solid mask on its face. The bill is thick and black in colour. No white spots were seen on its tail. A paler patch was seen on its wing.

It looked good to be male [b]Large Cuckoo-shrike[/b] for me, but i have not seen it before. Hope more bird watchers can find this bird and prove what it is. Good luck!!

Location: Go up stairs next to the Kotewall Road Fire Station. Walk toward the Lung Fu Shan Country Park direction for about 30m, you can find a channel. There is a small path toward the hill side about 10m away from the channel. And the bird was seen on a dead tree branch on the hill side near the small path.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: unidentified cuckoo-shrike, Lung Fu Shan