Raymond 1/12/2010 12:37

Bird ID (10)

Please help to identify, photo shoot at:
Venue: Mei Po
Date: 27th Nov, 2010
Time: Afternoon
[attach]7658[/attach]

lmunchong 1/12/2010 14:13

Basic knowledge can be acquired by flipping a few Bird Guides.

HFCheung 1/12/2010 14:50

It is a Egret.  Go to that page.  The keys are: long dark bill, and a bit smaller size.

HF Cheung

Raymond 1/12/2010 15:59

Thanks for your help

Thanks HF for your help and encouragement, I am a beginer and working on an assignment with deadline, I will go to buy a book and pick up the knowledge shortly.

tsheunglai 1/12/2010 21:09

On birdwatching

Dear Raymond

I believe you must be a young man at the beginning of bird-photographing and as such deserves my full
understanding. But in your case you seem to be totally ignorant of birds as regards identification -
a total lack of knowledge about birds, at least as failing to name one of the commonest birds at Mai
Po - Little egret.

The society is about bird-watching. If your lack of basic rudimentary skills continues, you will face frustration very often, so often that it will dampen your enthusiasm.

What I suggest in your case is that get the true bird-watching spirit. Learn the birds by joing others
who are experienced, like the Sunday birding outings of the society and find yourself a basic book -which
I think 'The Birds of Hong Kong and South China' by Clive Viney, Karen Phillipps and Lam Chiu Ying.
You can either choose the Chinese or English version. It is defintely value for money for a novice like you.

S L Tai

[[i] Last edited by tsheunglai at 1/12/2010 21:13 [/i]]

Beetle 1/12/2010 22:31

Dear Raymond,

I don't think asking for id here is inappropriate, but before you do so, try by yourself first and you will learn more even you get it wrong.
Bird-watching (as well as photography) is a leisure activity, finish your jobs on hand first - you can probably id them later from your own photos after you have the time to buy (or borrow, there are quite a number of copies of bird books in the public libraries) reference books and then learn!

Cheers

Raymond 2/12/2010 11:37

Thank you all for your valuable comments and friendly advice, I really learn the true bird-watching attitude and I will work hard on this area.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Bird ID (10)