查看完整版本: Converting DC's shutter

lwingkay 30/03/2011 13:16

Converting DC's shutter

[b][color=DarkRed]Re: Converting the compact DC's shutter to be electrically & externally released via a cable[/color][/b]

I raise the above topic because I want to convert the shutter release of the compact digital camera to one that is capable of being released via an electrical shutter release cable. The conversion is in response to the digiscoping need for a vibration-free shutter release. In digiscoping, the focal length of the telescope is long, as long as about 3000mm in the case when a 45x eyepiece is used on a camera zoom lens (e.g. the 24-72mm zoom lens as in the case of Ricoh GXR's) where the focal length is extended to 70mm.

It is my wish that after the conversion, the shutter on the digital camera can be released in this way:
a) the shutter released is triggered via the extended release cable;
b) the first press on the release cable is for focusing while the second one is for shutter release.

Most likely than not, the cable will be hinged to the camera permanently. This is not my concern at all and I can live with such an outcome. What counts is the connection is firm and it does not matter that it is in place on top of the shutter bottom for life.

I have a Ricoh GXR and the USB hub for loading images to the computer is also the connection point for Ricoh's shutter release cable. I am not sure if that hub can also be considered for the installation of a powered shutter release cable in other cameras.

Last but not the least, the camera that I want the conversion to be effected is a Nikon CP8400. Here is a link to the details of this camera: [url]http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/nikon/...00-review/[/url]

Thanks in anticipation for your attention to this thread.

By the way, if you are capable of making the connection, please send me a PM for detailed discussion including pricing for such a service.

Regards,
Pete
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Converting DC's shutter