查看完整版本: Long Valley-habitat of the Black-winged Stilts

kscheng 29/02/2012 15:19

Long Valley-habitat of the Black-winged Stilts

The Elementary Bird Watching Course organized by the Crested Bulbul Club went to Long Valley on February 19th for bird watching practice exercise.  It was my second visit to Long Valley.  I remembered on the first day of the year with hkbws to Long Valley I saw a pair of black-winged stilts hunting on a fresh water pond.  With the Crested Bulbul Club I even saw a flock of fifteen-odd black-winged stilts doing their hunting in the middle of the day.   

I went back to Long Valley on a different occasion to film the black-winged stilt.  Approaching the fresh water pond I saw two adult birds guiding a juvenile playing on the water.  In order not to disturb their activity, I went back one plot and sank myself down to a cluster of shrubs.  Quietly I mounted my equipment and adjusted  the composition.  Then I waited until the nature mother takes me in.  Not knowing when I pressed the shutter.

The Long Valley, farmlands surrounded by Ho Sheung Heung, Yin Kong and Tsung Pak Long,  becomes the habitat of the black-winged stilts.  

雀躍薈的觀鳥基礎班於二月十九日到塱原學習觀鳥,這是我第二次到訪塱原,記得一月一日跟從香港觀鳥會到塱原觀鳥時看到一對黑翅長腳鷸在淡水池塘覓食,這次跟從雀躍薈我更看到一群約十來隻黑翅長腳鷸於中午時分覓食。

第二天我再到塱原拍攝黑翅長腳鷸,走近淡水池塘範圍時已看到兩隻成鳥帶領一隻幼鳥在水中嬉戲,為了不打擾它們活動,我往後退到田基邊,爬行到一堆矮樹叢裡,把器材架起,造好構圖,慢慢地把自己融進大自然的懷抱裡,不知夜之將至時按下快門。

塱原,由河上鄉,燕崗和松柏塱一帶農地組成,成為了黑翅長腳鷸之棲息地。

kmatthew 29/02/2012 16:17

That is not a juvenile Black-winged Stilt, but a Spotted Redshank!3551smile445

HFCheung 29/02/2012 16:52

It is OK to be wrong once a while.  This is natural in the process of learning.

kscheng 8/03/2012 23:26

Hello Falcon, thank you for your hint,  Now I can see the spotted redshank with its black bill and red base at lower bill.  Honestly speaking, the godwits curlews sandpipers remain a difficult part for us.

Hello HF, thanks for your kind words.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Long Valley-habitat of the Black-winged Stilts