查看完整版本: SRB-griturn Swing-out digiscoping mount

cwchan 26/02/2007 22:35

SRB-griturn Swing-out digiscoping mount

Recently, I received a Swing-out Digiscoping Mount made by [b][url=http://www.srb-griturn.com]SRB-Griturn (UK)[/url][/b] for my testing.  The material in making the digiscoping mount is very fine--- die-cast aluminium alloy and stainless steel. In addition, the finishing is very nice—coated with a blue rubberised material.

The sample in my hand is made for fitting Swarovski 30X eyepiece. The “cup” seems to be die-casted to fit my 30X eyepiece—good fitted. Switching form viewing to taking photo is indeed very easy. You just need to swing  your camera out of the path for viewing, until the moment you wish to record an image. The camera is then switched on swung into the pre-set position and the picture taken.

Although this one is tailor made for the 30X eyepiece, I find it equally good for fitting on other monocular by turning tighten the three plastic screws. The following is the demonstration of the device on my old monocular (8x50mm).

The set up comes with an inbuilt shutter release set up to help reduce camera/scope shake while taking photo---a very useful provision as most modern DC are without shutter cable release socket.

[b]Overall comment---a quality product with a quality finish. Easy control and easy setting up.[/b]

For the time being, I am conducting field test on it, result will be posted once my test completed.

Wing
FRPS

cwchan 26/02/2007 22:39

Three more pictures.

ckacheung 28/02/2007 23:31

is it expensive ?
how much is it ??
can it be fit with other brand scope ?

puppymic 1/03/2007 00:07

Wing

Could you please give me the model no. and some picture from this setting?

Thanks
Mandy

cwchan 1/03/2007 22:14

Mandy,

I have no idea the model number. However, I understand the factory made different mount for individual eyepiece including the one that you are using (Swarovski 20-60X zoom).  You can click the following path to see

[url=http://www.srb-griturn.com/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=69]SRB-griturn (Swarovski)[/url]

The price excluding shipping is 95 pounds.

I have tried it on my 30X eyepiece today with Fufi F31 after rain. The result is OK. It is not difficult to adjust the alignment. The most happy thing is that I can switch from view to photo taking within 3 seconds. :lol:

Wing

puppymic 1/03/2007 23:45

a common bird but nice shot  :)

I just placed my order, I hope I can try my gear toy very soon.

wrobert 22/05/2007 11:28

I recently got one. However,I found my DC is not very easily to be secured on the base plate.  Can I have your suggestion?

wrobert 23/05/2007 15:56

The mount is for my Leica 77 and I use the Canon DC.

cwchan 24/05/2007 23:32

Robert,

I encounter the same problem. The cause is due to poor contact between the dc and the base plate.I have reported this to the manufacturer and asked them to improve the base plate design.

For the time being, you can cut a short piece tennis wrap and use gumming solution to stick it to the the base plate. This can improve the contact between the dc and the base plate.

I hope this can help.  

wing

cwchan 30/04/2010 22:42

[b][i]A birder asked me whether this digiscoping mount is also suitable for his Swarovski ATS 20-60 zoom eyepiece. If yes, how can he zoom the eyepiece as it seems that the eyepiece is  totally enclosed .[/i][/b]

This swing-out system (an old-model) is tailored made for the 30X scope, which is not good fit for the 20-60X zoom eyepiece.
For the ATS 20-60X eyepiece, as the case of this birder, there is another one of model no. SWINGOUT 3752. Of which you can zoom the eyepice  as there is a big void space at the die-casted casing. In fact, from the system MKII onward, the die-casted casing are all equipped with a big void space in order to reduce weight and also has some improvement on the seating design for the camera.  

[url]http://www.srb-griturn.com/digiscoping-swing-out-brackets-8-c.asp[/url]
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: SRB-griturn Swing-out digiscoping mount