查看完整版本: Watch out Canon Free Delivery Service after Repair

akhan 1/11/2012 21:26

Watch out Canon Free Delivery Service after Repair

'IS' Unit of my Canon 600mm was not working, gave it to Canon Hong Kong for repair, at the time of depositing my lens for repair; Canon Tsim Sha Tsui offered me a free delivery service after repair and i was very happy. After repair of lens Courier company was not bringing my lens and after two days when the delivery company bring in the lens at my home today at 8 pm  and the moment i saw the packing, i got suspicious that 600mm can not fit into such a tiny box, this person was in a hurry but i told him that i need to check the lens first then i will sign the receipt. After opening the tiny box,after taking out lens ....what i saw unbelievable looks like Canon gave me lens to some blacksmith .... i can not say at this moment who is responsible for it ...Canon or Courier Company but in the end Canon would be held responsible, i have already sent an email to Canon Hong Kong, will wait until they open tomorrow and then will let you know. Word of cation, watch out .... photo is attached

[attach]12608[/attach]

wilsondring 1/11/2012 21:50

shocking .. i am glad now that my decided to collect my 1D4 myself, thanks for the heads up

akhan 2/11/2012 18:44

Today Canon did an excellent work by 4 pm my lens was ready, i do not know what they did but now it is in same condition as before no dents etc moreover for complete lens any part, 06 months warranty. I paid for IS unit replacement the amount they told me before. And this time i went myself and picked up the lens although they still offered free delivery but i declined.
Lesson learned: if you can drop the lens then might as well pick it by yourself and checked it right there and then.

wilsondring 3/11/2012 11:47

[quote]Original posted by [i]akhan[/i] at 2/11/2012 18:44 [url=http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=52332&ptid=17311][img]http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
Today Canon did an excellent work by 4 pm my lens was ready, i do not know what they did but now it is in same condition as before no dents etc moreover for complete lens any part, 06 months warranty. ... [/quote]
to be honest, i've always thought canon was a very good company, i was shocked when you reported your situation, i have no doubt that it was the courier company who did this, maybe because it was a delivery at night, they had to use an alternative courier service, .. whichever way, good to know that you got your lens back in good conidition.

handrew 3/11/2012 12:26

I have also had an issue recently claiming under a warranty. Canon did honour it eventually but it seems they didn't like the fact that I had used the product between April and October. With hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in lenses and bodies I expect better from Canon.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Watch out Canon Free Delivery Service after Repair