查看完整版本: ID help, please.

stokkangri 14/12/2012 17:51

ID help, please.

3551a50445 Have recently returned from a few days in HK where I saw some fantastic birds and met a number of very pleasant local birders. Unfortunately I am not familiar with birds of the region and although I identified most species could not be certain about three I got photos of. if anyone could help I would be most grateful. Thanks

Bird 1 was by the dried shrimp beds at Mai Po (Prinia species?) [attach]13208[/attach]

Bird 2 was in Kowloon Park (Crested Goshawk?  [attach]13209[/attach]

Bird 3 was in one of the dried up shrimp beds at Mai Po. (poor photos, but the bird was stint size but looked a bit like a western sandpiper...had blackish legs). [attach]13210[/attach]  [attach]13211[/attach]

ddavid 14/12/2012 18:13

Plain Prinia
Crested Goshawk
Temminck's Stint (with mud-covered legs!!)

David

stokkangri 14/12/2012 22:45

id of photographed birds

Thanks David,
Certainly Crested Goshawk and a prinia sp were my thoughts but I was unsure.
As for the wader I certainly think the bird looks like a Temminck's (seen quite a few in the UK over the years...although not generally in the very plain looking winter plumage. The legs, however, threw me as the colour did not "appear" to be the result of mud (but it may well have been!). There were a number of local birders around but they too seemed somewhat confused by the bird (a guide from WWF said he had never seen a bird like it before?).
Good birding and have a good time over the festive period.
Cheers,
Allen
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: ID help, please.