查看完整版本: Singapore Feb 2013

rolandlin 15/01/2013 22:04

Singapore Feb 2013

[size=3][size=5][size=4]I will be taking a birding trip alone to Singapore for 4 day at the end of February and this is my first oversea birding trip.  I am wondering if I can visit the following places in 3 days.

1.  Botanic Garden
2.  Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
3.  Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
4.  Sungei Bulok Nature Park
5.  Pasir Ris Park
6.  Palau Ubin
7.  Fort Canning Park
8.  Bukit Batok Town Park
9.  Chinese Garden and Japanese Garden
10. Mandai Orchid Garden

If the above 10 places are easy to access via Mass Rapid Transit. What kind of transport will be recommended if any one of the above locations can't be accessed via MRT?  Since I am traveling alone, I would like to know if there is anything I should be concerned during the trip.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Roland
[/size][/size][/size]

Ronaldo 16/01/2013 21:28

I have some experience of Singapore, going there regularly.
The main issue with a short trip is the variable weather, which can reduce your birding time significantly. But usually, the storms are quite short.
All places are relatively easy to reach by MRT and/or bus (for Sungei Buloh and Bukit Timah), but for convenience, taxi does help, as it's quite hot and you will probably want to minimise the time you walk without birding.
Pulau Ubin needs a day as you need a ferry and taxi, but still, I recommend that place as the "easiest" to get the mangrove pitta and other relatively rare species in Singapore (Shama, Hornbill, gulls and other sea birds, in particular).
Sungei Buloh and surroundings needs probably a day.
Butik Batok and Bukit Timah can be done in a day. All other places can be done in half a day.
I would suggest to combine Pasir Ris with Tampines Park.
Let me give you another suggestions: Central Catchment area (for forest birds) for 1/2 a day, that you can combine with the Botanical Gardens in the afternoon.
I would only consider the other propositions (Japanese/Chinese Gardens and Mandai Orchid Garden) if there are good bird news.
Finally, in terms of safety, all the people will tell you that Singapore is SAFE la! Nothing to fear 3551485c3a61445

rolandlin 16/01/2013 23:41

Thank you so much for your information.

I will be very grateful if you can give me some advice on my iternary

Day 1 - Botanic Garden & Pasir Ris Park (I will arrive in Singapore around noon so what other location I can go)
Day 2 - Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve
Day 3 - Palau Ubin
Day 4 - Bukit Batok Town Park or Central Catchment area? (My flight is 16:45 hrs so I will leave the hotel by 12:30 hrs)

Regards
Roland

messenger879 28/03/2013 21:22

Singapore Birding

hi Roland..

So.. what is the outcome that you can share..with us .. I wish to go to Singapore to birding as well ..
Thanks in advance
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Singapore Feb 2013