查看完整版本: Black Throated Tit?

Bandrew 8/11/2015 22:15

Black Throated Tit?

Just got round to going through some photos and found these from a walk on the Kowloon Catchment Reservoir path in Early September.

Bird was high up in the canopy and I couldn't get a clear shot of the head before it fly off. Was in a small group of three or four birds but difficult to say if they were all the same or mixed.

[attach]23712[/attach]

[attach]23713[/attach]

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kmatthew 8/11/2015 22:15

Agree, good find, I haven't seen them in HK for a long while!

wgeoff 9/11/2015 05:19

I agree with Matthew, good record. The EXIF data on the photos suggest they were taken on 8th September and I will include it in the official records.

Black-throated Tit is a species which is not doing particularly well in Hong Kong, as this graph of Annual Peak Counts and Number of Locations recorded (from our presentation last week) shows

[img]http://www.geoffwelch46.com/BTT01.jpg[/img]

Kowloon Reservoir catchment is one of the few fairly regular locations, as is Shing Mun. It doesn't seem to be recorded much from Tai Po Kau these days.

tsheunglai 9/11/2015 19:28

Dear all

The only bird recorded on the graph for 2014 is indeed the only one seen last year at Shing Mun incidentally among a mixed flock. It's not seen again afterwards.

The first time I saw the species was at top of the access road at Tai Po Kau of about fifteen of them. Might be twenty years ago or more ago. It was during a society outing there. I remember two well-known Chinese birders there including Mr Lam Chiu Ying our present hon. president and Mr Lee Wai Kee who holds the longest memebership, preceding Mr Lam by two or three years.

I miss these nice birds too.

S L Tai

[[i] Last edited by tsheunglai at 9/11/2015 19:35 [/i]]
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Black Throated Tit?