查看完整版本: Emerald dove

handrew 7/06/2007 20:36

Emerald dove

As my wife and I came out of the Cheung Kong Center car park this morning an Emerald dove was dead in front of one of the glass windows. It was presumably an impact victim. As we walked past a lady swept it up into a dustpan and put it into the rubbish bin! Is this the recognised way of disposing of a dead bird??

Andrew

tbob 7/06/2007 22:26

I suggest we ask for an offical comment from AFCD on the correct disposal method of dead birds.

tmichael 9/06/2007 00:06

Point taken, best not make TOO much of a fuss (and I suggest we DON'T contact AFCD) since:

(a) it was almost certainly just a normally healthy bird

and

(b) if there's one species with a marked tendency to fly into windows it's Emerald Dove, with its scooting. low-level flight - over the years at least two ex-Emerald Doves have spent the night in my fridge (in a Ziploc bag or two of course) while I've asked around if anyone wanted the body + recently one picked up at Island School spent the day recuperating and then flew off strongly at the end of the day.

Let's not add to jumpiness about the health risks from/amongst local wild birds (very low or we wouldn't have any left!) - if they want to just dispose of the corpse in the way so described, let them - it's almost certainly entirely harmless.

It's in AFCD's interests to play on health fears so let's not give them an opportunity.

Mike Turnbull
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Emerald dove