查看完整版本: Digiscoping with the Canon G9

walex 8/11/2007 00:52

Digiscoping with the Canon G9

Hi, I am a new comer about digiscoping. Recently I have a spotting scope "Bushnell Discoverer 15-60x60mm" and Canon 30D. I have a T-mount and tried that with my 30D. I am not sure if it is because the T-mount is said for Canon EOS EF mount but not EF-S mount or is just my bad skill, the outcome of "spotting scope + 30D" is not that good. So now I want to try digiscoping with the Canon G9. I want to know is it possible and if yes, what accessory I need for that? I still have not buy G9 yet.

Thanks.

fneil 8/11/2007 20:30

Re: Digiscoping with the Canon G9

[quote="walex"]Hi, I am a new comer about digiscoping. Recently I have a spotting scope "Bushnell Discoverer 15-60x60mm" and Canon 30D. I have a T-mount and tried that with my 30D. I am not sure if it is because the T-mount is said for Canon EOS EF mount but not EF-S mount or is just my bad skill, the outcome of "spotting scope + 30D" is not that good. So now I want to try digiscoping with the Canon G9. I want to know is it possible and if yes, what accessory I need for that? I still have not buy G9 yet.

The Bushnell zoom eyepiece could be part of the problem as well as the 60 mm objective ( not enough light and resolution ).  A fixed eyepiece would do a better job and preferable with long Eye Relief of 20 mm or more.
The G9 lens is too long for easy digiscoping (6x zoom ).  I'm playing with the G6 at the moment (4x) and it's not easy. I'm using a long Eye relief, 11.5x eyepiece and can only use it at the long end of the zoom range.
The A620/630/640 can work with the right eyepiece.
If you want to spend some money, but not too much, have a look at the Nikon solution as they have scope and cameras and adapters.
Neil.

walex 9/11/2007 16:54

if so, what about canon A640IS ? Will that one be better as I read the foreign website, they said the Canon A - serious are better for digiscoping that G - serious. But I am not sure can it apply to A650IS as it have the similar spec as G9. Or there are any suggestion?

fneil 9/11/2007 19:10

[quote:d314e93421="walex"]if so, what about canon A640IS ? Will that one be better as I read the foreign website, they said the Canon A - serious are better for digiscoping that G - serious. But I am not sure can it apply to A650IS as it have the similar spec as G9. Or there are any suggestion?[/quote]

The A650is lens is the same as the G series and so would be diffiult.
If you want to get a telescope (eg Meade/Celeston type ) then you have a wide range of eyepieces and you could find one that works, maybe a 2 inch eyepiece with long eye relief.
Neil.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Digiscoping with the Canon G9