查看完整版本: Where can I buy a guide book of birds of India?

wgilman 6/12/2007 01:05

Where can I buy a guide book of birds of India?

I am going to India in the coming end of December for traveling and I am planning to spend a half day on Keoladeo Ghana National Park for birdwatching

Could anyone tell me that is it possible to find any birds guide book of India in Hong Kong? Thank you very much!

gary 6/12/2007 13:35

I've never found a bookstore selling India bird book in Hong Kong.
But it's not difficult to buy one in Deli or around Keoladeo National Park.
The one written by Richard Grimmett and Tim Inskipp published by Oxford is a good choice.

Gary

wgilman 6/12/2007 15:06

[quote:6aaecb616d="cgary"]I've never found a bookstore selling India bird book in Hong Kong.
But it's not difficult to buy one in Deli or around Keoladeo National Park.
The one written by Richard Grimmett and Tim Inskipp published by Oxford is a good choice.

Gary[/quote]

I'll try to get one around Keoladeo National Park. Thanks for your advice, Gray.

wcaptain 7/12/2007 09:12

Gary is right. Field guides and reference book (Krys' one and the thick "Birds of India subcontinent) are available at big book stores around Delhi. Can't remember which area in Delhi. It is roughly around Park Hotel, where there are a lot of airline offices.

Probably no book shop is around National Parks in India. Try you luck.

Captain

wgilman 7/12/2007 12:23

[quote:47c7b65430="wcaptain"]Gary is right. Field guides and reference book (Krys' one and the thick "Birds of India subcontinent) are available at big book stores around Delhi. Can't remember which area in Delhi. It is roughly around Park Hotel, where there are a lot of airline offices.

Probably no book shop is around National Parks in India. Try you luck.

Captain[/quote]

If there are no birds books store selling around the National Park, then it will be a problem because I will go Delhi from Agra and stop at National Park in the mid-way. Which means I can't buy a book at Delhi before I visit the National Park. Or I hope I can find a book store where selling birds book in Kolkata since Kolkata will be the first stop of my India trip. Anyway, thanks for your kindly help, Captain.

gary 7/12/2007 22:39

You probably can't find book store around National Park, but I think you can find it in sovenir shop. Hotels around the national park are very adapted to bird birdwatcher, they provide updated bird information. I remember there is a small shop (at least one) next to Hotel Sunbird selling sovenir as well as small bird book.  

In Delhi, you can find bookstore at Connaught Place (Central Park). However the book stores are dim and chaotic, books are always covered by dirt.

Indian know very well how to earn tourist money. In Ranthambhore NP, I bough a photo guide through a road side toutor and the price is cheaper than in book store after bargaining. Never tried to bargain on fixed priced book! Very amazing.

Gary

wgilman 8/12/2007 04:21

Thanks again Gary. Your advices will be very useful to me!
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Where can I buy a guide book of birds of India?