查看完整版本: Bird nets at Kam Tin 錦田有捕鳥網

ajohn 7/03/2008 12:41

Bird nets at Kam Tin 錦田有捕鳥網

This morning I found a number of bird nets set over agricultural fields at Kam Tin. Fortunately no birds were trapped, but there was a fruit bat struggling in one net (unfortunately I could not access the nets to free the bat!).
Fields in this area are sometimes used by Greater Painted-snipe (one bird recorded in a field next to these nets as recently as February!)

I have reported the case to AFCD, who have promised to take quick action to investigate the case.

ajohn 11/03/2008 11:49

I have received an e-mail from AFCD to inform me that they visited the site to discuss the issue with the farmers, and the nets have now been removed.

Fortunately, they were also able to save the bat.

AFCD do seem to be very efficient at responding to illegal nets when reported, and I would strongly recommend that anybody who finds such nets reports them as soon as possible.

ajohn 11/03/2008 11:50

I have received an e-mail from AFCD to inform me that they visited the site to discuss the issue with the farmers, and the nets have now been removed.

AFCD do seem to be very efficient at responding to illegal nets when reported, and I would strongly recommend that anybody who finds such nets reports them as soon as possible.

ajohn 11/03/2008 11:51

頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Bird nets at Kam Tin 錦田有捕鳥網