查看完整版本: Grey-capped Greenfinch

tgraham 7/12/2006 11:16

Grey-capped Greenfinch

According the the Avifauna of Hong Kong the population of Grey-capped Greenfinch's in the Shatin area is probably left over from when they were more widespread.

Has anyone seen them recently if so where and when. I had a look today around City One and the HK Sports Institute but failed to locate any.

HK Twitcher

ddavid 7/12/2006 15:20

In the 1990s I used to see birds fairly regularly in Shatin Central Park, and saw them also at HK Sports Institute during that period too. However, I never saw them in Penfold Park which I birded quite a lot at one time, so they were always very local.

If I was looking, I'd try Shatin Central Park as your best bet - although, who knows, they may have gone for good.........

dave

Carmen 7/12/2006 22:46

The very last time we saw them was 28 Nov 2004 in On King Street park. Sometimes a small flock could be found there before sunset.
You could refer to the link:
http://www.hkbws.org.hk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Birdingtips;action=display;num=1101654622

We saw them once only in Penfold Park but the park has been closed now.

Hope to hear some news about them too!

Carmen, Betty and Mr Or

lida 11/01/2007 00:43

I did see a couple of them last Sat., thanks to another birder who was photoing them and told me about it, but the location is not Shatin.
Were they quite common previously in Shatin? More of residential or wintering nature?
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Grey-capped Greenfinch