查看完整版本: Black-naped terns 黑枕燕鷗

handrew 8/08/2009 18:13

Black-naped terns 黑枕燕鷗

I have lived in Clearwater Bay for almost 5 years. The house looks out over Bayside Beach. I have never seen any seabirds during that time, just Little egrets, Common sandpiper and once a solitary Black-winged stilt. Not a single gull or tern. This afternoon I was on the terrace wondering if it would be a good moth night when I saw a few white dots over the water. I got out my scope and turned the  magnification up to max and there were about 20 terns over the bay. I raced down to the beach and scrambled along the rocks and got nearer enough for decent scope views - all Black-naped. The photos were still dots and blurred dots at that. There were 2 small fishing boats out and the terns were diving in the same area. This was really a treat for me and proves that a bird doesn't have to be rare to make your day. This was a big "patch tick".

Andrew

[[i] Last edited by BWA at 9/08/2009 15:21 [/i]]

gary 9/08/2009 00:05

I also saw more than 50 Black-naped tern and a few Roseate Tern in Inner Port Shelter today(8-8-09).
Some of those were chasing fishing boat.

Gary

BWA 9/08/2009 15:24

13 Black-naped Terns were resting at a marker post off Sai Kung Pier this morning (9 Aug 09).  I believe they were passing through Hong Kong.
13 隻黑枕燕鷗今天(9/8/09)早上停在西貢碼頭對出的導航標杆上,相信是過境鳥。

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/HKBWA/Terns/090809DSC_4280Saikungpier.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/HKBWA/Terns/090809DSC_4297SaikungPier.jpg[/IMG]

handrew 9/08/2009 17:19

The Clearwater Bay flock is up to 31 this afternoon - I'm not sure whether they are followign the fishing boats or the boats are following them!

kmike 9/08/2009 19:38

Great stuff Andrew

This is what makes patch birding so interesting - I had 64 Little Egrets fly over my place in Lam Tsuen this evening - big news to see so many here!

Another possible explanation (if they are not migrants)  is that the Black-naped Terns may have finished breeding somewhere narby and find Sai Kung Harbour a good area to feed.

Cheers
Mike K
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Black-naped terns 黑枕燕鷗