查看完整版本: Bird Guide in Kathmandu Valley???

ajosh 20/10/2009 21:30

Bird Guide in Kathmandu Valley???

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on a reliable and experience bird guide / tour in Kathmandu Valley. We will be leaving Saturday and only have one week.  I think we are going to stick to the Pulchowki, Shivapuri, and Nagarjun areas.  We're thinking about three or four days birding in total.  

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.  

- Josh

wcaptain 21/10/2009 09:19

You can go alone at Shivapuri. Some footpaths at Shivapuri connect village and temples so there are people walking around(but not too many, very friendly). We went there by taxi in 2007 without a guide. Security is fine as this place is managed by the army. Bringing your lunch or you could ask for simple food at temples.

I don't know much about the other two places but advice was given not to go there as the security condition was not good at that time. Check the info at the bird forum net and OB e-group.

Good luck

Captain

hmartin 21/10/2009 11:31

Try contacting Bird Conservation Nepal. Email is [email]bcn@mail.com.np[/email]. There is a web site at [url]www.birdlifenepal.org.[/url] I'd be interested to know what can be arranged through them, as I'll be doing something similar shortly.

Staubli 21/10/2009 11:36

Birds in India and Nepal

Hi,

When I did some hiking last April in ABC, Annapura Base Camp, I did also enjoy some bird watching and bought a book. You could have it for reference before your journey.

KK Tam

HKBWS Vicky 21/10/2009 12:37

Dear KK Tam,

Please do not disclose your contact number or other personal information in the forum for security reason. I've deleted your contact number in your reply above. You can use the P.M (private message) function if you would like to give those information to other users of this forum.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you so much!

HKBWS

ajosh 21/10/2009 13:23

Thanks for the info.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

Cheers,

- Josh
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Bird Guide in Kathmandu Valley???