Thread
Print

燕鷗不識字,釣友又何嘗識? Terns don't read, neither do fishermen

Fishing has its own knowledge as well that we birdwatchers hardly know.  Tides, seasons and the temperature of the sea current all affect the possibility of getting a desired species of fish.  Just like us, birdwatchers, we know where and how likely we can see birds in a particular area in HK.

Please don't misunderstand me that I support this kind of disturbance.  I don't think much of fishing since it's a hobby that you build up your joy on other organism's lives.  I'd rather buy something fresh in the fish market instead of killing 1 or more extra fish in the sea.

But, we should respect each other, as long as they don't break the rules.  
Manson Tsang
雀鳥科

I don't think the people will follow unless govt legislates against it.  Moreover, the fine has to be great and it should be executed at least once to show its strength.

HK people has much freedom and sometimes it's overused.  They will never be considerate.  As I said again, fishing, in general, is a hobby like hunting - killing organisms as an objective (no matter whether you will throw the fish back into the sea to free them).  So should we be so naive to believe that they will follow (even the law is legislated, the islands are too remoted for the related parties for execution.)

To cap it all, edcuation is the most important element to change their attitude.  But changing their attitude is even harder than legislation.
Manson Tsang
雀鳥科

Thread