Thread
Print

我要回應近日發生的事

Firstly, I see where you are getting from icebing. I have friends outside of HKBWS whom have complained to me that some members see being a member makes them superior then other non HKBWS bird watchers or photographers. For me, I am totally against those kind of acts. However, in the recent events, I don't think this is what the members are trying to do! They really are coming from the good intention of the safety and comfort of the drongo family.

I personally is a birdwatcher as well as a keen photographer, but I consider myself none of the "groups" you suggested either, as I try to keep myself neutral and try not to offend anyone. But I think each person have their own right to keep on to their beliefs, and for me, I keep within my own guideline. When I see something against what I believe, why shouldn't I have the right to say something?? Therefore I totally agree with alfred_k on this point, even though you may not like to hear about our complains and what our view is, shouldn't we have the rights to tell you what we think is right?? It's not because I feel I am more superior or more intelligent then any of the photographers or birdwatchers, it's because I feel I have the responsibility to tell people what I believe.

I do hope no more violent incident will break out, violent acts are unacceptable for me as well. So, please don't label all HKBWS members as extremist, as I don't label anyone for anything. I truly hope this "War" will end soon, it is making me nervous when I go out birdwatching.
As The Crow Flies- a Hong Kong Birding Blog
http://www.matthewkwanbirding.blogspot.hk

Thread