Thread
Print

[China] Shaan Xi Yang County 陝西洋縣

Dear LCHUNFAI,

I'm really interesting on Tawny fish owl information, could you please give us more details about your observation : where did the bird stand, near a stream, what altitude,what the quality of the forest, did you hear the bird at night, what the size of the stream near....how did you find the bird....
Since i'm searching for this bird in my local patch in Hunan, this could help me a lot to focus in some area.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jonathan

Dear Fai Jai,

Whooo! I'm really envious. Thanks for all your details and pictures, that will give me good idea on where i have to search. The trees where the bird was perched does'nt look very old. I allready find some good area for Tawny fish owl in Hunan (i do believe they are good, but there is very few information about Tawny in China)and my plane is to spend time at night during the time i do expect bird are more active on vocalisation. This is my 2011 goal: find Tawny fish owl in Hunan:-)

What about the altitude where was the bird?

Thanks and best regards

Jonathan

Dear Fai Tai,

Thanks for your details again. I guess it is a big challenge, but your obervation will help me a lot to focus on some area more than other.
Congratulations for your pics,they make me dream:-)

All the best,

Jonathan

fantastic!

Thread