Thread
Print

Bird Rescure 野鳥拯救隊

Bird Rescure 野鳥拯救隊

I am thinking about setting up a bird recure team in HKBWS.  The task is simple, when we meet birds falling from nest or injured birds, we will either put it back on the nest or send it to some agency such as Kadoorie Farm and Botanical Garden.  If members think that is worth doing, then we will go ahead.  For that people involved need to go through training by a Vet.  That can be arranged.

HF Cheung

[ Last edited by Webcreeper at 23/08/2010 23:23 ]

I an confident that legal issues can be resolved.  I have talked to some people about it (details cannot be reviewed at this point).

In the discussion above, I think we should understand what we can do and what we cannot do.  The proposal is to: (1) put fallen young birds back into the nest if we can, (2) take it to Kadoorie.  We are not going to give any medical treatment to birds.  I support this because I think we can save roughly 100 birds in a year.

There is always a grey area on how much to interfere with nature.  For example, Long Valley is a "nature reserve" with artifical habitat.  Another example is a programme to feed birds that are starving in a very cold winter.  The decision is us.

HF Cheung

[ Last edited by HFCheung at 25/08/2010 14:36 ]

Thread