Thread
Print

Shek Kong Airfield Road -石崗機場路 WInter 2006/2007 冬

Shek Kong Airfield Road -石崗機場路 WInter 2006/2007 冬

Shek Kong Airfield Road - January 14th, 2007  (3.15 - 5.45 p.m.)

(In addition to the records below, I was told that a Dusky Thrush had been seen in the morning.)

Chinese Pond Heron - 11
White-breasted Waterhen - 2
Greater Painted-snipe - 6
Green Sandpiper - 3
Wood Sandpiper -
Common Snipe - 1
Yellow Wagtail subsp - 1
Grey Wagtail - 4
White Wagtail leucopsis - 11
White Wagtail ocularis - 1
Richard's Pipit - 3
Olive-backed Pipit - 13
Daurian Redstart - 1
Common Stonechat - 1
Japanese Thrush - 3
Common Blackbird - 3
Brown-headed Thrush - 1
Grey-backed Thrush - 4
Pale Thrush - 1
Yellow-browed Warbler - 17
Pallas's Leaf Warbler - 4
Red-throated Flycatcher - 1
Little Bunting - 1
Black-faced Bunting - 1
Common Rosefinch - 1
Yellow-billed Grosbeak - 1
Red-billed Starling - 300

dave

Mike -

Brown-headed Thrush - Feeds in the drainage channel near the second footbridge (if you come along Airfield Road from Kam Tin). Stand on the bridge and look back in the direction of the first bridge. The bird can be a bit flighty, but I eventually got excellent views on Sunday.

Dusky Thrush - The same place as last winter (although I didn't see it then either!!) Cross over the drainage channel on the bridge by the pig farm that feeds the Painted-snipe pond. Take the path immediately on the right through the mesh-covered fields. The bird was seen somewhere in this area.

dave

Mike -

Brown-headed Thrush - Feeds in the drainage channel near the second footbridge (if you come along Airfield Road from Kam Tin). Stand on the bridge and look back in the direction of the first bridge. The bird can be a bit flighty, but I eventually got excellent views on Sunday.

Dusky Thrush - The same place as last winter (although I didn't see it then either!!) Cross over the drainage channel on the bridge by the pig farm that feeds the Painted-snipe pond. Take the path immediately on the right through the mesh-covered fields. The bird was seen somewhere in this area.

dave

Thread