Thread
Print

Warbler ID please

It's an interesting point, that Geoff seems to be making, that they are not very regular on Po Toi/and or not common there.

I suppose that'd be expected of a wetland species, and I guess heaviest migration in this species is in autumn, when conditions won't usually force down large numbers in a place like Po Toi. I suppose a typhoon in the last few days of September, which certainly used to see heaviest passage, might be interesting (but also destructive of course).

They are, I believe, fairly widespread on migration though, and I had a few at the top of Mount Austin when I watched that "hot-spot" regularly.

Mike Turnbull

What about Black-browed Reed? Aren't they a bit commoner, and what's the pattern there?

Interestingly in the bigger picture I don't think I've seen it at Mt Austin or in Sai Kung, but I have seen it in LTV, where I think it's occurs occasionally in very small numbers, doesn't it?

Mike Turnbull

I think we're in broad agreement John, but I reckon I've seen quite a few at Long Valley - in suitable tall grassy clumps - and that more than one or two occur each year at Po Toi.

Mike Turnbull

Thread