Thread
Print

黄河口首届国际观鸟节观鸟参赛队 Bird Race at Yellow River Delta

Birding and Bird Race at Yellow River Delta National Nature Reserve

Dear all

Anyone interested in the captioned topic above and can spare five to six days from
3rd -8th Nov 2010(3rd flying to destination and get settled down, 4 & 5th being warm-up days, 6th and 7th being the bird race proper, 8th flying back to HK or elsewhere plan tentative and subject to modification) may pm me here including information about your name, contact telephone no. and email address, or give me a reply here if you have problems.

Members who know me personally or have confidence in me and speak either English or Cantonese
are welcome, especially who speak Putonghua (Mandarin) are desperately needed.

I intend to be captain of one team and co-ordinator of the whole activity. My strong point is
I have plenty of spare time (two to three hours per day  on average) and my weak point is that
I can hardly speak Putongha myself (I avow that I will do hard cramming once there is enough
participants for one team).

The deadline for local enrollment is 20th hour of 18th Nov 2010 so that I can send necessary
information to the organisers (notification of approval from them being 20th Oct 2010).

Establishment of basic communication between us is important so act quickly. Website and information
about the nature reserve, the bird race and activity schedule is http://www.zghhk.com/.

Cheers

S L Tai

NB: A brief summary of the Nature's birdlist:25 sp of raptors, 8 cranes (awesome lot), 8 owls
(wah!), 12 Buntings, 32 ducks and geeses and lots of pipits and finches, 296 in total.

Thread