Thread
Print

North East New Territories

Went up to see the Rufous-gorgeted Flycatcher at Bride's Pool. It is still showing well. Two other birders told me the location of the Plumbeous Redstart at Chong Mei. It appeared soon after I got there.

Shortly after seeing the Redstart I spotted a Chestnut-flanked White-eye and while I was watching another Chestnut-flanked White-eye landed right beside it! Back at Bride's Pool I found the flock of Striated Yuhinas before leaving.

Pictures of the white-eyes. The bird in the first two pictures is the bird on the right in the third picture.

Just lucky today for New Years I guess. I had just seen the Plumbeous Redstart at Chong Mei near the bridge over the stream and then I saw this distant White-eye on the other side of the stream about 60 meters away and while I was photographing it another flew in.  There were many Japanese White-eyes everywhere at Chong Mei.

Good luck if you go look!

Was at the Chinese Blue Flycatcher spot for three hours today. No luck.  Sort of slow today--the best I could do was 6 Oriental Greenfinchs at Lai Chi Wo and a Verditer Flycatcher and a Brownish-flanked Bush Warbler at Wu Kau Tang.

The highlight of the day for me was seeing a Barking Deer from the minibus on the Tolo Road on the way home.

Thread