Thread
Print

Sri Lanka part 2

Once again thanks for sharing more great images. One of the images is incorrectly labelled - the Blyth's Pipit is actually  Jerdon's Bushlark (Mirafra affinis) ; also known as Ceylon Bushlark or Rufous winged Bush Lark.
Glad they have now nailed down the Scops Owl.Must be nice to see them in broad daylight!
With kind regards,
Eric

Many apologies for my poor education and feeble mental functions;but I can't read Chinese - so please excuse me if I have misinterpreted the last message. The only bit I managed to understand was the 'Bengal Bushlark [Mirafra assamica]' bit!
Wouldn't it be nice if the HKBWS society had a bit of software or could point us to a website which could easily translate between English and Chinese and vice -versa? Really would go along way towards improving communication on this site.
I realise there have been a lot of splits in Sri Lanka over the last decade, and I can't put my hand on the 'Ceylon Bird Guide' ( I think my Dad's nicked it!)- but I didn't realise the Bushlark was one of them.In fact looking at this website http://www.ceylonbirdclub.org/th ... ae%20%20&id=180
- it doesn't clarify the nomenclature any further!
With kind regards
eRic

[ Last edited by RUWright at 12/03/2011 23:29 ]

Thread