香港觀鳥大賽2011結果 Results of HK Bird Race 2011

香港觀鳥大賽2011賽果

會長盃得主:
茄汁隊  及   型英帥靚靚 之捲土重來隊,都是150種!

最佳紀錄:
雁鳶隊的褐林鴞 (大埔滘零晨1:30-3:30錄得)

Results of Hong Kong Bird Race 2011

Winners of President's Cup:
Ketchup Team  &   Ying Ying Shui Lan Lan, each has 150 species!

Best Record:
Brown Wood Owl from the Eye Kite (recorded at 1:30-3:30am in TPK)

Congratulation to all the participants joining the bird race.  I hope you all have a good time.

I like to collect comment on this year's arrangement, so that we can plan for next year.  Here are the main items that feedbacks are particularly welcome.

1. The new logbook
One particular strong comment is that there are teams forgetting to enter particular species.  I guess the new record book can be improved.  One thing that I want to suggest is that whether teams would prefer to have electronic file submission.  I think that would be good because that would make it easier to sort out abnormal record.  I understand that many teams would still prefer printed submission, but I like to suggest that teams can have a choice.  Like my team, we have been entering bird records on a pc on both days.  It does not seem to be more difficult.

2. Half + half day race arrangement
You can tell me what you want similar arrangement next year.

3. Date of the year for the race
Do you prefer a different race date?  Would you consider having the race one week earlier?

HF Cheung

I'm interested to know where the Ferruginous Flycatcher (Agent Scott) was.

As far as I know, this is the only record in Hong Kong so far this spring.

Hi Geoff,

The Ferruginous Flycatcher saw by my team was at Tai Po Kau on 10-Apr morning (around 07:00), at the stream after passing the public toilet.

Cheers,
Katherine
(Agent Scott)

Well done Katherine, a good record in this poor spring.

Remember to include it when you submit your 2011 records.

I am still collecting comments to the bird race, please send them in (to HKBWS office) if you do not like to post it here.  Also I like to keep a list of mis-entry to the logbook.  If any team has missed entering any species, please report it to me (call me or the office) or post it here.  Very soon, I will post the final report for all to download.

For next year, it looks like 8th to 9th April is a good choice for the race.  The tide is slightly earlier, so the race time also need to be adjusted by about 1 hour.  Like to hear your opinion.

HF Cheung

會長盃得主  Winner's of President's Cup
型英帥靚靚之捲土重來隊 Ying Ying Shui Lan Lan

會長盃得主  Winner's of President's Cup
茄汁隊 Ketchup Team

最佳紀錄  Best Record Award
雁鳶隊 Eye Kite 褐林鴞 Brown Wood Owl

Thread