Thread
Print

[Outing] 1/4/2012 塱原觀鳥活動 Long Valley Outing

What an exciting outing, this was my third visit to Long Valley attended to the hkbws group.  It was a totally different experience.  I spotted birds.  Gratitude to the Crested Bulbul course that helped to switch on the binocular function of my pair of impaired eyes.  I recognized not more than five faces whom have taken the course and I wondered where were the other thirty-five students.  Anyway it was a Fool's Day.

Sir HF have paid special attention to our elementary watchers.  He has pinpointed to the exact level of knowledge that we needed.  When we observed a few snipes, some Master Brothers argued if they were common snipes.  Sir HF has helped us to examine the non-symmetric pattern of the yellowish strips run along the back.  Since I only got a side view, I have tried to measure the length of the bill that appears roughly 2.2 times to the length of the head.

第三次跟隨觀鳥會去塱原給自己開拓了一個新局面,已往不快的經驗一掃而空,我找到雀鳥。很感謝雀躍薈觀鳥班的訓練,使我具備了觀鳥眼,我奇怪只碰到大約五個熟悉的面孔而不見其他的三十五個同學,但當天是愚人節呢。

張Sir很照顧我們初級觀鳥者,給予我們應有的知識,當我們看到幾隻沙錐時,有些師兄辨認是否扇尾沙錐,張Sir告訴我們尋找它背部不對稱的金黃色粗縱紋,因我只看到沙錐一半的身體,我只能量度它的長嘴和頭部的比例、看是否約2.2倍。

Attachment

_DSC9798 200k.jpg (170.38 KB)

5/04/2012 16:34

_DSC9798 200k.jpg

Thread