舉行日期:2012年5月20日(星期日)
行程時間:上午 8 時至下午約 4 時

集合時間/地點:
--08:00 九龍塘地鐵站 (根德道出口, 地鐵F出口), 或
--09:00 米埔停車場集合
回程時間:15:00 乘巴士回程 16:00 回到九龍塘

目標鳥種:水鳥

車費:會員-HK$40;非會員-HK$70;學生會員-HK$20
(會員不使用旅遊巴士,無須支付車費; 非會員不論使用旅遊巴士與否,必須支付車費)

名額只限50位,請把報名表格連同車費寄交香港觀鳥會辦公室報名參加 (活動前4星期本會會員有優先參與權利)

*按照香港警務署和漁農自然護理署的規定,所有米埔活動參加者需於當日提供香港身份證號碼,以便登記進出后海灣禁區(米埔浮橋道)及米埔自然保護區。

本會將於活動舉行前約五天確實參加者的報名是否被接受,所有被確實的報名,本會將不會接受退出,無論參加者能否出席,都必須繳付所需的交通費用。如果是次活動是因為惡劣天氣或特殊情況而被本會取消,本會將會退回參加者所繳付的費用。

活動查詢熱線/當天與領隊聯絡電話:9457 3196

免責聲明
任何人士因參與本會活動而導致任何經濟或其他方面的損失或損害,香港觀鳥會不會承擔任何財政或其他方面的責任,參加者須自行承擔所有責任。

Details of the Mai Po Outing to be held on 20 May 2012 as below:-

Date: 20/5/2012 Sunday
Activity time: 08:00 - 16:00
Gathering Time & Place:
--08:00 Kowloon Tong MTR Station (Kent Road Exit,  F Exit), OR
--09:00 Mai Po car park
Departure time: coach leaves at 15:00 and back to Kowloon Tong at 16:00

Target Species: Waterbirds

Coach Fare: HK$40/Member; HK$70/Non-member; HK$20/Student Member
(Non-members joining Mai Po Outing will have to pay the coach fare disregard whether they make use of the coach. Members not using the coach do not need to pay coach fare.)

Limited to 50 participants only - please return the registration form* together with the coach fare to HKBWS Office for registration.

* According to the requirement of the Hong Kong Police and the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, participants for the Mai Po activities should provide their full name and Hong Kong ID No. on that day to register for the access to the Frontier Close Area and Mai Po Marshes.

We will confirm the participants about 5 days before the outing whether their application is accepted or not. Once the reservation is confirmed, we will not accept any withdrawal. All the registered participants are required to pay the prescribed fare, no matter they can attend the outing or not. If we cancel the outing due to inclement weather or special reason, the paid fare will be refunded to the participants.

The Activiites Enquiry Hotline / for contacting outing leaders on the event date only: 9457 3196.

Disclaimer
The Hong Kong Bird Watching Society shall have no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for expenditure or other liabilities arising from the activities.

12年4-6月戶外觀鳥活動_hkbws_outing_apr-jun12.pdf (237.37 KB)
12年4-6月戶外觀鳥活動_hkbws_outing_apr-jun12.doc (173 KB)

尚有少量名額,如有興趣,請盡快報名。
Limited space is available.  Interest parties please register as soon as possible.

Hot and humid day, and with little wind.  Despite that we have asked participants to drink at several locations, One participant felt uncomfortable and an ambulance was called to take him.  Some have light degree of sun-burn.  Participant need to prepare both physically and mentally when coming to outings on a hot day.

Very few birds, only 55 species.  If I miss some, please reply to this post.  Thank you.

Mai Po outing, 20 May 2012, cloudy with scattered showers, S wind force 3, warm (25-29 deg)               
No.        中文名稱        English Name        Status
41        小鸊鷉        Little Grebe        1
51        黑臉琵鷺        Black-faced Spoonbill        1
59        夜鷺        Black-crowned Night Heron        1
60        綠鷺        Striated Heron        1
61        池鷺        Chinese Pond Heron        1
63        蒼鷺        Grey Heron        1
65        大白鷺        Eastern Great Egret        1
66        中白鷺        Intermediate Egret        1
67        小白鷺        Little Egret        1
83        黑鳶        Black Kite        1
111        白胸苦惡鳥        White-breasted Waterhen        1
117        黑水雞        Common Moorhen        1
125        黑翅長腳鷸        Black-winged Stilt        1
126        反嘴鷸        Pied Avocet        1
136        鐵嘴沙鴴        Greater Sand Plover        1
138        彩鷸        Greater Painted-Snipe        1
146        黑尾塍鷸        Black-tailed Godwit        1
149        中杓鷸        Whimbrel        1
150        白腰杓鷸        Eurasian Curlew        1
152        鶴鷸        Spotted Redshank        1
153        紅腳鷸        Common Redshank        1
155        青腳鷸        Common Greenshank        1
156        小青腳鷸        Nordmann's Greenshank        1
160        灰尾漂鹬        Grey-tailed Tattler        1
161        翹嘴鷸        Terek Sandpiper        1
163        翻石鷸        Ruddy Turnstone        1
164        大濱鷸        Great Knot        1
167        紅頸濱鷸        Red-necked Stint        1
173        彎嘴濱鷸        Curlew Sandpiper        1
184        紅嘴鷗        Black-headed Gull        1
217        珠頸斑鳩        Spotted Dove        1
225        褐翅鴉鵑        Greater Coucal        1
228        噪鵑        Asian Koel        1
229        八聲杜鵑        Plaintive Cuckoo        1
260        普通翠鳥        Common Kingfisher        1
284        棕背伯勞        Long-tailed Shrike        1
287        黑卷尾        Black Drongo        1
296.5        灰喜鵲        Azure-winged Magpie        1
300        白頸鴉        Collared Crow        1
304        大山雀        Great Tit        1
310        紅耳鵯        Red-whiskered Bulbul        1
311        白頭鵯        Chinese Bulbul        1
318        家燕        Barn Swallow        1
366        黃腹鷦鶯        Yellow-bellied Prinia        1
367        純色鷦鶯        Plain Prinia        1
368        長尾縫葉鶯        Common Tailorbird        1
374        黑臉噪鶥        Masked Laughingthrush        1
386        暗綠繡眼鳥        Japanese White-eye        1
388        八哥        Crested Myna        1
392        黑領椋鳥        Black-collared Starling        1
395        灰背椋鳥        White-shouldered Starling        1
420        鵲鴝        Oriental Magpie Robin        1
461        樹麻雀        Eurasian Tree Sparrow        1
464        斑文鳥        Scaly-breasted Munia        1
470        白鶺鴒        White Wagtail        1

HF Cheung

中文翻譯:

Outing 當日天氣比預期中悶熱,潮濕且風弱,領隊已在不同點提示參加者喝水,但最終仍有一位參加者感到不適而需要call救護車 (註:當時人在醫院檢查後返家休息,已無大礙),亦有部份參加者晒紅了皮膚。

在夏日作戶外觀鳥,參加者必須在體力上、精神上作好準備。

Risk of Stroke amid Hot Weather / Long Walk

The weather indeed needs to be mindful, esp during these days. Wish the participant was ok. Same happened on 18 March 2012 in our outing up to Tai Mo Shan, all the way up Route Twist / Tai Mo Shan Road by taxi.
When we parted during mid-day, temperature suddenly rose 5-6 degrees to above 30 (yes - in HK's mid-March!). I walked down TMS Road in a bid to locate the nearest bus stop, but had to keep walking for 15-20 minutes. Long enough but just to see off the only one bus passed me until I could find its stop under hot sun and no shades. Quite close to stroke that time. At last, I was seen and saved by two members on a taxi passing me.
Said that, BWS may warn participants of possible long walk under no shades and of baking heat in some selected outings, eg MP / Tai Mo Shan these days.

Thanks for Ken's assistance

Thanks for all your concern, I was fine after arriving at the hospital. I was told that it is not just water, but minerals that I had lost too much for causing such symptom.  I do aware of the heat, so I had been constantly drinking water (every 5mins) during the walk through a water tube . In those few hours( 9am to 2pm) , I drank 4 liters of water, 2 liters from home and 2 more from water filter near floating bridge entrance gate.  The doctor advise me not just to bring water next time, but also sports drinks.  Lesson learned.   Once again I would like to thank all for your concern and specially Ken's help (sorry to cause you lose your ride).  So to all bird watchers, please bring sports drinks!!

Thanks all for your comments & suggestions which will definitely contribute to a better arrangement in future.

多謝各位的意見及建議,這都有助於我會將來作出更好的安排。

Some of the sports drinks manufacturers (e.g. Pocari) also make a dried packet version of the drink, which can be made up using water. I wonder whether it may be worth the tour leader or participants on the trip taking one or two of these packets on hot days, so that the drink can be made in case of emergency (of course it would still be necessary to carry water). The drinks machines at the Mai Po car park also sell bottles of Sports drinks, as do many of the vendors selling drinks at popular walking locations.

It is important to remember that in hot weather, you will be losing salts through sweat. It is important to drink enough liquid but it is also important to replenish the salts. One tip is to check which type of bottled water you buy - mineral water contains some mineral salts, and is probably better than distilled water on a hot day. It's also a good idea to avoid caffeine if possible (e.g. cola).

Thread