Thanks in advance ...

Attachment

G94A1359.jpg (60.36 KB)

27/12/2012 23:20

G94A1359.jpg

Wilson Dring
https://www.facebook.com/wilsondringphotography/

Little Grebe.  

Do you have a book like "The Birds of HK and South China"?  Do you want to join a bird watching class, or go to a HKBWS outing?  You can learn quite a lot of id skill.

Quote:
Original posted by HFCheung at 28/12/2012 11:18
Little Grebe.  

Do you have a book like "The Birds of HK and South China"?  Do you want to join a bird watching class, or go to a HKBWS outing?  You can learn quite a lot of id skill.
i didn't bring my book with me on holiday, especially given that i am carry so much camera equipment as is .. appreciate the help, thanks
Wilson Dring
https://www.facebook.com/wilsondringphotography/

Dear Wilson

Forgive me if I am more pointblanking. Little Grebe is such a common bird in HK. Any fish pond in Mai Po  has some. What HF wants to tell is that for a newcomer, even a bird photographer needs to equip himself/herself with
some basic bird knowledge. Bird books are necessary for your birdphotography. I say again they are basic things. Of course, you're free to ask. But do you want to remain a baby memnber?

If I offend, it is out of concern and care.

S L Tai

From my point of view, I don't think it is a big concern to have our IDs, even though those birds are common.

Yet, for birders' view, we hope you will find birding interesting, not being just the fun of taking photos for them.  If it does, your interest is on phototaking, not birding.  Every single item in your photo should be an interesting object to be photo taken, not the subject itself.  Surely, we respect your selection on your hobbies but birds indeed have so much interesting stuff to study/observe/experience/feel.  Their movement, their differences among individuals, their behavior, their migration features, their incredible instincts, their appearances, etc.  

If you love birds, I think you will be interested in identifying them as well.  Will be happy if we can see that you attempt to guess what the birds are, instead of just getting the correct answer and put to your caption for the photos.
Manson Tsang
雀鳥科

Thread