Thread
Print

[China] Shanghai Birding Tip

Shanghai Birding Tip

I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a 2-3 day guided birding trip near Shanghai? My eldest brother will be in Shanghai in March ( he has some flexibility regarding the exact date - whether it be early or late MArch) and is hoping to tee up some birding after his meeting. Pete is a bit of a 'numbers man'
An English speaking guide is preferred, but not essential.Yancheng Marshes has been suggested as one of his better options.
Does anyone have any better options or more importantly a company or guide who might be able to assist him?
Many thanks in advance.

Eric

Get Zhang Lin.  He is a top professional guide in China, based in Shanghai.  Contact HKBWS for information.

Thanks for that.I'll e mail the HKBWS.
Now we have a guides' name, has anyone got a personal favourite site that would make a great 2-3 day trip?
Thanks.
Eric

Ask the guide.  It really depends on the wanted list and the season.

Interestingly,unknown to me, the guide you recommended was the chap my brother had already made contact with!

He had suggested Yancheng Reserve for 2 nights, 2+days and a 5hr car drive for what sounded like a steep 7500Yuan/US$1200 for the whole package.
As this picture shows - somethings are hard to swallow but maybe that's the price for 2.5 days birding in China!
Many thanks for your help

Eric

Thread