Thread
Print

Seicercus warbler ID please

Seicercus warbler ID please

On 18th Feb 2013 TPK morning
I finally got the photos from my friend.

This is a suspected Seicercus omeiensis for me. At first, I heard a new bird call for me. That was a deep, unmusical call, like "teek teek teek". The call was quite distinctive for me and the warbler was keep calling.
Obviously, the warbler didnt have any wing bar and the eye-ring was completed. Could anyone give any suggestion? All are welcome, thank you so much!

Chun

Brendan, i have compared all sound of possible Seicercis warbler in HK from  Xeno Canto, i found that only Martens's warbler would call with deep voice. Other Seicercus warblers woulf rather call with high pitch or musically.  Why I coild locate this bird was aboiy its call. A deep "teek teek" sound like what is on Xeno-canto.

Could anyone give more advice on this bird?
Thank you so much!

I dont have any voice record. But both warblers of this individual and the one in PSO produced the same distinctive call.

Yes, I think the feature of lacking wing-bar could be a good indicator for sorting out Bianchi's warbler.

Quote:
Original posted by ajohn at 2/03/2013 08:57

But the combined probability cannot be applied to any single individual - the probability for each individual Bianchi's lacking a wing bar remains 10%, regardless of whether other birds seen in the  ...
Thank you so much! This information is very useful for thinking boarder when ID-ing a Seisercus warbler. And I agree that the recording is very crucial in ID of these warblers.

Thread