Thread
Print

Victoria Park Birding Area

Victoria Park Birding Area

Most of the birding area in Victoria Park is about to be destroyed as a slip road connected to the Central Bypass is about to be constructed in the park. I believe that also the trees that form the Causeway Bay Egretry will be felled together with a lot of other trees that were planted back in the early 70's when the park was constructed. I was just fortunate to have taken a lot of photos of the birds that used this area during last winter.

This most probably will be the last time we see them there, somebody had better tell the Japanese and Grey-backed Thrush that are still in the park to look for a new home.

These are some of the photos taken.  http://vimeo.com/60432181

I live quite near to the park and look over the yacht club boats and there are many egrets in the trees and black crown night herons. I am describing the water that is adjacent the Fire Station on Hing Fat. Where will the road be? I spend lots of time in the park. This is a tragedy.

In Gordon Rd, near where you live, there is a Highways Department exhibition centre, they have models and maps of the Central Wanchai bypass. What you are looking for on the map is the Victoria Park Slip Road number 8

Bob

Thread