Thread
Print

Lam Tsuen, Summer 2013

I saw a Grey Wagtail this morning at Ng Tung Chai, which is hopefully a sign that some birds are starting to move.
Also a big surprise was a Eurasian Hobby early morning one day last week.

But otherwise, I agree it's very quiet at the moment.

Juvenile Collared Crows have the white collar (although sometimes greyer/browner than adults), so if they lacked the white collar they weren't Collared Crow.

I have seen House Crow at Mai Po and Pak Nai in the NT, but they are unusual. They typically look structurally like Large-billed though, including the bill shape. On a good view you may be able to see the greyer body, and they often also look noticeably small compared to Large-billed/Collared.

I think it's most likely that your birds were juvenile Large-billed (which can look slightly smaller-billed than adults) but House Crow may still be a possibility.

A surprise today at Ng Tung Chai was a couple of Black Bulbuls - one seen and another heard calling. They were with another bird which may have been a juvenile Mountain Bulbul but I didn't see well.

Also 12 Red-billed Leiothrix along the trail and a Grey Wagtail near the village, but otherwise fairly quiet.

Thread