Thread
Print

Ho Chung 蠔涌

Pak Fa Lam

Orange head thrush singing on the tree in Pak fa Lam this morning on 12/5.

Juvenile seen around the same place on 11/5 morning.

Sorry, I don't know where Customs House Pass is. From Grave of SUN's mother along cemetery in Pak Fa Lam down to the cross road and turn to Ho Chung direction. Seen the Orange headed thrush around the cross road area.

Found also juveniles of Greater Necklaced Laughingthrush and Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker along Traditional Path to Ho Chung last weeks.

Which point of catchwater can I find Chestnut-winged Cuckoo? I only seen Black Throated laughingthrush, Lesser Coucal, Dollarbird and Grey Treepie in Ho Chung valley.

I first heard of the song of Orange head thrush from recorder by someone in TaiPoKau last month. It is so attractive. I am lucky to hear and see this thrush just a month later. In PakFaLam on that day, just heard many bulbul singing as usual, but one very outstanding singing up the tree nearby attracted me, with so rich tone. Go along the side track, search a few minutes and found amazingly an Orange head thrush singing on the tree, few more minutes and the thrush left.
On last Friday, it was so quiet in PakFaLam up until the conventional track down to Ho Chung. There was only one bird singing with some different tone intermittently from the undergrowth not very far away. Try to search the undergrowth behind quietly and see another orange head thrush. I guess this is a younger bird than the one before as identified by their singing.

Thread