Thread
Print

URF Records for 2013 HK Bird Report

URF Records for 2013 HK Bird Report

The Records Committee has completed assessment of 119 URFs for the 2013 HK Bird Report. As a result, we expect to publish the 2013 Report in April 2015. The results of the URF assessments are included in this Excel File

http://www.geoffwelch46.com/URF141028.xlsx

The File gives current HK List numbers, species name, date of record, location, name on URF and decision on URF. Decision on URF may be

Accept – accepted as a Category I or II record, sometimes with a comment. All these records will appear in the 2013 HK Bird Report
Accept Cat III – identity accepted, but as a Category III record, possible ex-captive. Accepted Category III records will also appear in the 2013 HK Bird Report, mainly in the Category III section
Not Proven – not accepted. ‘Not Proven’ does not mean the record is incorrect, it only means that the evidence provided does not prove the record beyond reasonable doubt.

The name on the URF is not necessarily the finder’s name. Also some members may be surprised to find their name on a record. This is because the record has been taken off the website using photographs and other details submitted there. Also some of the names are those used on the website, where the individual’s actual name is not known.

If you have any requests or comments on your records, wish to add anything or correct mistakes, tell me your real name or anything else, please contact me on my email address

geoffwelch46 at yahoo.co.uk

Geoff Welch
Secretary, Records Committee

Thread