[Plovers] White-faced Plover

White-faced Plover

19/04/2015
Mai Po

Thank you to Mr. John Allcock found the Plover

[ Last edited by hkinni at 19/04/2015 23:09 ]

Good find and good shot !!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnyu9339

I also saw it on 13th April 2015 and took some photos but thought it was just a Kentish Plover.
This birding season is really fantastic, with so many wonderful finds.

irsychan, if you have more photos of this bird (or if anyone else does), it may be interesting to post them here.
The plumage is not quite as expected for White-faced/Swinhoe's Plover at this time of year, and it has been suggested to me that this bird could be a Kentish Plover (even though it stood out as very distinct from other Kentish present). It may be useful to collect more photos so that the ID can be confirmed.

Quote:
原帖由 ajohn 於 20/04/2015 14:12 發表
irsychan, if you have more photos of this bird (or if anyone else does), it may be interesting to post them here.
The plumage is not quite as expected for White-faced/Swinhoe's Plover at this time of ...
Hi John,
Do you mean that both plovers below are the same class of Kentish Plover?

Thanks
Kevin

[ 本帖最後由 ((華仔)) 於 20/04/2015 17:30 編輯 ]

Quote:
Original posted by ajohn at 20/04/2015 14:12
The plumage is not quite as expected for White-faced/Swinhoe's Plover at this time of ...
I checked my photos more carefully and found that they are not similar to Kinnie's. Mine should be a Kentish Plover.

[ Last edited by irsychan at 20/04/2015 18:25 ]

Attachment

bDSC_7945.JPG (181.14 KB)

20/04/2015 18:25

bDSC_7945.JPG

I'm not sure whether it is the same plover which shot last week, but it looks like have the same pale colour leg

25/04/2015
Mai Po

Thread