Thread
Print

[Oversea] Peninsular Malaysia 6.2019

Peninsular Malaysia 6.2019

Similar to my previous trips, this 3-week birding/leisure trip covered Kuala Lumpur, Fraser's Hill, Ipoh, Taiping & Penang.
Rhinoceros Hornbill

Oriental Pied Hornbill

Milky Stork

Black Eagle

Collared Owlet

Fire-tufted Barbet

(to be cont'd)

Well done Paul. Malaysia again this year?
Look forward to more shots (from your camera I mean, not guns).
遠觀而不攝玩。

Thanks K_Chan.

Whiskered Treeswift

Blue-throated Bee-eater

Brown-throated Sunbird

Baya Weaver

White-headed Munia

Red-billed Malkoha

Orange-bellied Flowerpecker

Stork-billed Kingfisher

(to be cont'd)

... Weavers ! So many children stories about this bird, but not really seen one.
Bravo Paux.
遠觀而不攝玩。

Thanks K_Chan. It was also my first time to see these Baya Weavers in Malaysia.

Checker-throated Woodpecker

Large Niltava

Streaked Spiderhunter

Little Cormorant

Pink-necked Green Pigeon

Finally, a pair of Otters & a Black-handed Gibbon.

The Otters were an alluring encore!
Paux, for Ipoh and Taiping, would they out-rank your other spots for birding, in terms of ease of getting around and 'comfort'? Penang seems not much to me. Grateful for ideas.
遠觀而不攝玩。

Hi K_Chan, in terms of ease & comfort for birding, Taiping is definitely the choice. If you stay in town, you can simply go to the Taiping Lake Garden by foot. The lake is beautiful and you can find a good no. of bird species there. For Ipoh and Penang, even though you need a car to take you to the birding spots, Grab is widely available and therefore traffic is not a problem at all. Meanwhile, do you know Penang National Park got two beautiful white-sand beaches; you can do hiking in the park (not a very easy one due to obstruction of some fallen trees on the way ) or hire a boat to reach the beaches and bird around the wetland. White-bellied Sea Eagles will always be seen either in the sky or on the cliff.

Many thanks Paux for the advice. National Park been to there, did the bushwalk, down to the beach. Nothing seen on seaboat but panfry hot!
Maybe Taiping next time, and Grabbing to the Ipoh sites...
遠觀而不攝玩。

Thread