Thread
Print

[Falcons] Black Winged Kite 黑翅鳶 (record only )

Black Winged Kite 黑翅鳶 (record only )

This was stretching the technology of digiscoping a bit through the heat haze yesterday at about 300 metres.  This kite was seen around the edge of Pond 16/17 yesterday.  I hadn't seen one for some time.  Neil

Mai Po Nature Reserve, 米埔
Hong Kong,
China.
29/08/07

Nikon 8400 plus Swarovski STS80HD scope and Sw 30x eyepiece and DCA adapter

Nice photo record Neil, its been almost 3 years didn't see this bird photographed in HK. (at least in HKBWS forum)

Thank you. I miss this bird very much~!

Neil,

I saw it as well  at about one hour after meeting you. Unfortunatly, I was unable to capture it as it only stood idle a short while. :cry:

Wing

We also saw this bird on 25th of Aug, and it was also very far away!!but we managed to get a few record shots of it, but the quality is poor. Also, we led a group of tour to see this magnificent bird!!it stood there for 30minute then flew away somewhere.

digiscoped with Contex U4R + Lieca 60x telescope
25th Aug MaiPo

As The Crow Flies- a Hong Kong Birding Blog
http://www.matthewkwanbirding.blogspot.hk

Now we have a challenge to someone to get a good photo of this handsome bird. Neil

This appears to be a different bird to the one I saw at Mai Po during mid-July, which was clearly a juvenile (scaly back and overall brown tones to the plumage).

Hopefully the species will start turning up more regularly in the area again after a couple of quiet years

forgive me to put back some old photos on this threads.  I still remember many photographer take this bird in Tsim Bei Tsui together, but most of them are now disappeared from this forum.  :cry:

20041022 Tsim Bei Tsui

Thread