AGM this year 今年會員大會將於十月廿一日舉行

香港觀鳥會會員會周年大會 Annual General Meeting of HKBWS

日期: 2008年10月21日(星期二)
時間: 晚上七時
地點: 九龍柯士甸道香港童軍中心1030室

Date : 21 Oct 2008 (Tuesday)
Time: 7:00 pm
Venue: Room 1030, Scout Asso. of HK, Austin Road, Kowloon

This year HKBWS AGM will be held on 22 Oct.  Please mark your diary.

HF Cheung

抱歉,正確日期應為十月廿一日(星期二)晚上七時.地點為香港童軍中心.

香港觀鳥會辦公室

Sorry, the correct date should be 21 Oct 2008 (Tuesday). The venue is Scout Association of Hong Kong.

HKBWS Office

[ Last edited by HKBWS Project at 20/10/2008 19:42 ]

On the AGM last night, other than elect the same BoD, the other major resolutions are:
1. Increase individual membership fee from HK$250 to $270.  This is a mild increase in line with inflation in the last two years.
2. Agree to join Birdlife International as partner.  Right now, we are affiliate member.

There is also a worry about having a sronge deficit next year because we have to cover the China Programme during this time.  To help to improve the situation, one suggestion is that we should start charging non-members on society outings.  In the past, we have few members.  Therefore the free outing service can help to get more new people to know birdwatching.  Now birdwatching is quite well-known.  The society has also reach a good critical mass.  So reducing the free service can actually help us get more membership subscription.  I hope members would support this idea.

HF Cheung

I think the fee for non-members is a way to increase members.  Reducing free services to non-members will make people more willing to pay membership fee.  We have been charging non-members higher fees for services like indoor meeting, bird-watching class, and Mai Po outing.  The effect is very satisfactory.  I think we should also do something similar for the bird line.  Restricting key information to members only would make members more willing to share information.

HF Cheung

Thread