Thread
Print

應否公開稀有鳥類的位置? Should locations of rarities be publicized?

Quote:
Original posted by cgeoff at 9/10/2008 09:45
If this person has been bullying the finder of the bird in the way described, then it is time to consider what needs to be done to prevent this in the future. There is no excuse for the kind of behavi ...
Speaking as a HKBWS member, the pseudo-executive committee’s enthusiasm on digging out bird location and making it publicized for HKBWS member is much appreciable.  However it is difficult to agree his manner on chasing and bullying the bird finder to divulge the information –which reminds me of mafia! It is bird watcher’s own right to share or conceal bird information  we should respect  though we may act differently.  Speaking frankly, I think most of the experienced bird watcher should had been asked for not telling others bird locations in some occasions.  
The problem of this case is the pseudo-exco was speaking and acting like he was representing HKBWS according to twaiyi. And more seriously, as I can remember, this is not the first time I hear a bird finder annoyed by someone from HKBWS to request him divulging the bird information.
I think the responsible HKBWS chairman has already done something to clarify the case and we hope it will not happen again.
However, being a keen bird watcher, I would not mind to be annoyed, bullied or harassed if I could have such chance.

Thread