香港觀鳥會2009年會員週年大會 HKBWS AGM 2009

香港觀鳥會2009年會員週年大會

日期:2009年9月29日(星期二)
時間:下午七時正開始
地點:香港童軍中心1105室(九龍柯士甸道童軍徑)

HKBWS Annual General Meeting 2009

Date:29 Sept 2009(Tuesday)
Time:7:00 pm
Venue:Room 1105, Scout Assocaiton of Hong Kong (Scout Path, Austin Road, Kowloon)

各位會員:
週年大會通告及議程已經寄發給所有會員,敬請踴躍出席。
香港觀鳥會敬約

Dear Member,
The notice and agenda of the coming Annual General Meeting has been sent out to all members. Look forward to seeing you in the AGM.
Regards
HKBWS

Dear HKBWS members,

Since the HKBWS AGM is coming, it would be time for members to raise issues that they seem fit for the AGM to discuss.  If you have any issues, may be you can tell us in this forum in advance, so that we can consider them before the meeting.

HF Cheung
Chairman, HKBWS

建議鳥會考慮增設「網上付款」,「PPS付款」或「ATM付款」方式,以減省參加者填表格及寄支票這類繁複手續,相信這安排會對會員或非會員參加鳥會的活動有鼓勵作用!

建議增設網上『鳥況報告版』,每天一個空白頁,讓會員隨意加上各區鳥類報告。形式類似米埔門外既黑板 / 觀鳥熱線錄音(但以文字形式提供記錄)。

[ Last edited by puppymic at 11/09/2009 21:29 ]
http://blog.yahoo.com/puppymic

我覺得要講鳥會的事,真係一言難盡。
但係最重要的是要討論鳥會的未來方向。
由於時代轉變,市民的生態知識水平提高,令觀鳥及影雀不再是偏門的玩兒,而觀鳥會的會員人數亦每年遞增。但縱觀鳥會的結構及組織,依然大部依靠義工為主。
當會員只得數百人,而會務不太複雜,以義工作為骨幹去維持會務運作,確實無可厚非。但若會員每年遞增,會務繁重,而同時外間亦有多方面的發展空間,如果再只單靠義工,那只會足襟見肘,限際會方的發展空間。
義工的力量是很可貴,亦是鳥會的重要財產,但當會務雜重的時候,如何要求義工持續性地提供早質素的支援是很高難度的管理學問。
最真接的辦法就是聘請員負責管理會務的工作,以支持鳥會的持續發展。但當增聘人手的同時亦要考慮財政問題,便可能須要積極招攬會員,又或籌募捐款。這種發展方向會較冒險,但卻可以較進取地吸納市場並積極發展會務。
現時的觀鳥會,因時代變遷而造就可觀的前景。但要發展事務,就必須有長遠的計劃及完整的員工制度去支持。單憑薄弱的組織架構,難以應付龐大的市場。
情況正如一家有五十年歷史的老字號小舖,面對市場開放,要麼集資發展、吸納市場,要麼就是繼續傳統的小舖經營。
我覺得這才是鳥會須要考慮的大方向。

Gary's point is an important one, and is always in my mind.  On one hand, I think members want to see HKBWS become strong, with many more members, and a big group of staff.  On the other hand, we had been working under contraints.  Gary correctly mentioned that money is the first issue to be considered.  Although we are much better financially than before, we are still very limited in financial capability.  So actually, I would like members to consider, if we are going to hire the next staffs, in what area we should hire?  I can see that conservation committee wants a staff to work on policy and major construction cases, membership committee want a staff to work on membership matters, I want a staff to work on school education programme.  If we are going to hire the next staff using society money, which area should we hire?

The other problem that we have is that now we have many projects and staffs, supervision of project and staff requires high level management personel.  That means the executive committee members need to participate a lot more in running the society.  That would put a lot of pressure on members of the executive committee.  Although members of the executive committee has been working hard, in reality, we may need more input from them in the future.  Can we do that in reality?

HF Cheung

Remind all members the AGM is held tonight!

Thread