Thread
Print

香港觀鳥會2009年會員週年大會 HKBWS AGM 2009

Dear HKBWS members,

Since the HKBWS AGM is coming, it would be time for members to raise issues that they seem fit for the AGM to discuss.  If you have any issues, may be you can tell us in this forum in advance, so that we can consider them before the meeting.

HF Cheung
Chairman, HKBWS

Gary's point is an important one, and is always in my mind.  On one hand, I think members want to see HKBWS become strong, with many more members, and a big group of staff.  On the other hand, we had been working under contraints.  Gary correctly mentioned that money is the first issue to be considered.  Although we are much better financially than before, we are still very limited in financial capability.  So actually, I would like members to consider, if we are going to hire the next staffs, in what area we should hire?  I can see that conservation committee wants a staff to work on policy and major construction cases, membership committee want a staff to work on membership matters, I want a staff to work on school education programme.  If we are going to hire the next staff using society money, which area should we hire?

The other problem that we have is that now we have many projects and staffs, supervision of project and staff requires high level management personel.  That means the executive committee members need to participate a lot more in running the society.  That would put a lot of pressure on members of the executive committee.  Although members of the executive committee has been working hard, in reality, we may need more input from them in the future.  Can we do that in reality?

HF Cheung

Thread