Thread
Print

Please adivse name...thks.

Please adivse name...thks.

Despite the incomplete C-ring behind the ear coverts, I think the yellowish ear coverts and down-curved supercilium puts this as Citrine Wagtail. Nice pic too, where did you find it? =)

A yellow wagtail , do you agree ?
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

Quote:
Original posted by kkoel at 25/10/2009 19:18
Despite the incomplete C-ring behind the ear coverts, I think the yellowish ear coverts and down-curved supercilium puts this as Citrine Wagtail. Nice pic too, where did you find it? =)
Thanks.   I shot it at Long Valley today.

Quote:
Original posted by kkoel at 25/10/2009 19:18
oh~~ sorry for my wrong ID
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

Hai Fai,

I used to think Yellow and Citrine are straightforward but it seems no! I'd put pale lores as extra point for this "Citrine" too, but I couldn't shout "citrine!" either for the last bird I saw in LV - Mike reminded me some juv yellows can be problematic.

Quote:
Original posted by kkoel at 25/10/2009 19:34
Hai Fai,

I used to think Yellow and Citrine are straightforward but it seems no! I'd put pale lores as extra point for this "Citrine" too, but I couldn't shout "citrine!" either for the last bird I  ...
I see and I get what you mean now

[ Last edited by lchunfai at 25/10/2009 19:46 ]

Thread