Thread
Print

ID Please...

ID Please...

Please advise the name.

Many Thanks.

[ Last edited by twg at 30/11/2009 20:59 ]

Should be told where and when really, but the colour and shape of supercilium looks like Pallas's Leaf Warbler. Rest of what we can see, but in fact whole picture, seems to have an oddly yellowish quality about it.

With all these frame-filling shots of things like Pallas's Leaf, I'm wondering when something along the lines of Emei Shan or Lemon-rumped is going to be among them.

Mike Turnbull.

[Bizarrely the picture disappeared for me the moment I added this comment]

[ Last edited by tmichael at 30/11/2009 19:56 ]

Thanks Mike.   Sorry about the sudden disappearance of the picture posted. It might be due to
some issues with the website from which I linked the picture.  I uploaded another one, larger in size
with WB corrected (sorry about the over-saturated yellowish color).

I took this picture at Pui O in Lantau Island yesterday.  This little being was so restless that I couldn't get a clear and sharp shot of the whole body except this one.  Will you kindly have a look
again and advise what it is.

Thanks again.
Quote:
Original posted by tmichael at 30/11/2009 19:54
Should be told where and when really, but the colour and shape of supercilium looks like Pallas's Leaf Warbler. Rest of what we can see, but in fact whole picture, seems to have an oddly yellowish qua ...

It's a very good shot actually of what will no doubt have been an extremely restless creature.

Still looks like a Pallas's, and they are as yellowish as this I guess - on the face/chin, part of underparts - in certain light conditions.

Great shot.

Pui O is the new Po Toi!

Mike Turnbull

Thanks Mike for the nice commenting.

BTW, I tend to agree your saying Pui O is the new Po Toi...
Quote:
Original posted by tmichael at 30/11/2009 21:55
It's a very good shot actually of what will no doubt have been an extremely restless creature.

Still looks like a Pallas's, and they are as yellowish as this I guess - on the face/chin, part of under ...

Thread