BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 3rd, 2024, 8:17pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Bird Identification 鳥類辨識
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Yat-tung YU)
   Bird Records for 2003
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bird Records for 2003  (Read 480 times)
miket
BBS Member
BBS God

I'd rather be birding!

Bird Records for 2003
« on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 3:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Kung Hei Fat Choi  

Slightly off-topic but it's that time of year (January!) when all birders should be submitting their previous year's records, preferably in the simple Excel file format which can be downloaded from the Society's website. Any species requiring a description should be documented separately - again, a form for this can be downloaded. Personally I'd recommend observers to complete the rarity documentation as soon as possible after finding such a bird and send it off to the Recorder immediately so that it can begin to be processed by the Records Committee immediately. That's my resolution for this year anyway.

Many of you may be thinking at this point, "But when will we ever see the results of our record submission?? What's happening with the Bird Report? Why is it so late?" Well, to cut a long story short the combined 1999-2000 report is at a very advanced state of preparation (to go to the printers shortly, but when exactly out I don't know), the 2001-2002 report is now in preparation and will I hope be out within a year, by which time the 2003 report will be well under way, meaning that by the time we come to this year's report (ie 2004) we may be back on track (ie publication within around 12 months of the end of the year in question).  

Anyway although it will be a little while before the results of your submissions are published, can I nevertheless request that you submit them as soon as possible. It will allow them to be sorted and despatched to writers asap, and may allow for an earlier start to be made in processing them.

Thanks,

Mike Turnbull, Co-Editor of HKBR and Co-author of Systematic List

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.