BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 7:23am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Bird Identification 鳥類辨識
(Moderators: Yat-tung YU, BBS Moderators)
   The Magpie Story 喜鵲的故事
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Magpie Story 喜鵲的故事  (Read 2534 times)
鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

Re: The Magpie Story 喜鵲的故事
« Reply #15 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 5:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

上星期日喜鵲夫婦的巢被大嘴烏鴉破壞之後,他們並沒有放棄營巢,而且恩愛如昔 。
The Magpies still keep to the nest after the raid by the Crows. The bond between the couple is close as ever.

兩夫妻從周圍撿拾小樹枝和一些像綿絮的材料修補破巢。
They picked up small twigs and fluffy stuff to repair the nest.

由於住處沒有升降機,搬運材料又頗為費力,所以要利用柱上的便梯,一步數級地 飛上去。
Moving the material is hard work, so they have to make use of the cat-ladder on the post, taking a few rungs at a time.

努力足足了一個星期,鳥巢終於修復了。
It took an entire week to complete the repair.

11/04/04                           17/04/04

大約在十天之前,一對黑領椋鳥也開始在鄰近的燈柱造巢。
About ten days ago, a pair of Black-necked Starlings also started a nest on a nearby post.

牠們用的材料沒有喜鵲那麼講究,手工也沒有那麼好。
They were less fussy than the Magpies regarding building material and workmanship.  

喜鵲夫婦有時會跑過去看看。不知兩家之間是否曾經發生了爭執,過幾天黑領椋鳥 夫婦就不再出現了。
The Magpies visited them from time to time. Probably due to a dispute between the families, the Black-necked Starlings were not seen again after a few days.

今天早上,一對麻鷹來看黑領椋鳥的舊巢。
A pair of Black-eared Kites visited the abandoned nest this morning.

喜鵲夫婦見到了,飛過去平台之下等候,待麻鷹離開後立即上去,好像要檢查一些 甚麼似的。
The Magpies went over on seeing the Kites and waited under the platform. Once the Kites were gone, they flew up immediately and walked around, as if to inspect something.

另外,喜鵲夫婦的巢可能又要面對新的威脅:一隻外形修長、顏色偏黑的鳥昨天趁 著喜鵲夫婦外出,鬼鬼祟祟的飛來。
The Magpies could be facing a new threat: a slender, dark-colored bird visited their nest when they were away yesterday.

在高倍放大之下,可見那鳥身上有一些斑紋,很可能是雌性的噪鵑(在附近曾見過 兩隻雄鳥和一隻雌鳥)。
The heavily marked body of the bird suggests a female Koel (two males and one female were seen in the area).

那鳥急急地飛入喜鵲的巢內,不消幾秒鐘便出來,又匆匆的離開,會不會已經下了 蛋呢?
It sneaked into the Magpies' nest quickly and left in just a few seconds –could it have laid the egg?

喜鵲夫婦似乎並不知道曾經有不速之客到訪,如常活動,午後又雙雙離去,相信還 未開始孵蛋。
The Magpies apparently did not know what had happened. Since they left the nest after noon, perhaps incubation hasn't started yet.

鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

« Reply #16 on: Apr 24th, 2004, 7:03pm »

上次說到喜鵲夫婦繼續營巢……
The Magpies continued to keep the nest.

可惜大嘴烏鴉始終不肯放過他們,上星期三黃昏又來侵襲。
Sadly, the Large-billed Crows raided it again last Wednesday evening.

喜鵲先生奮力扺抗,最後還是不敵,唯有留在平台之下,看著自己辛苦修復的巢再 次被毀。
Mr. Magpie tried to resist, but all was futile. He could do nothing but stayed under the platform, watching the destruction of the repaired nest.

大嘴烏鴉這次從巢中銜了一些東西出來,然後仰起頭來像在吞咽,會不會是喜鵲蛋 呢?
The Crows seemed to be swallowing something they picked up from the nest – could it be an egg?

大嘴烏鴉走後,喜鵲先生馬上趕回巢,緊張得翹起尾巴。
Mr. Magpie rushed back immediately after the Crows were gone, tail erected tightly in excitement.

喜鵲太太回來之後,喜鵲先生像是一時感觸,插水似的垂直飛下平台走了。
Shortly after Mrs. Magpie returned, Mr. Magpie dived straight down the platform, as if in great frustration.

大約十分鐘之後,忽然出現了最少四隻新來的喜鵲,不斷kla-kla-kla-kla 的叫著,會不會是喜鵲先生招來幫忙的?
Four new magpies suddenly appeared around the nest, making the typical kla-kla-kla-kla magpie calls – were they summoned by Mr. Magpie to help?

新來的喜鵲似乎很想看看喜鵲夫婦的破巢,但是喜鵲太太好像不大高興,又是邊叫 邊趕的把牠們驅走。
The new comers seemed eager to check out the damaged nest, but they were repelled by Mrs. Magpie's scolding calls.

當時天色已黑,不久所有的喜鵲都走光了,唯獨是有一隻仍然留在燈柱上,好像有 點依依不捨-究竟牠會是誰呢?
All the magpies were soon gone as the daylight faded, except one who lingered on a post – who could that be?

第二天大清早喜鵲夫婦又繼續營巢,就像沒有發生過甚麼事似的。
The Magpies appeared again at the nest early the following morning, as if nothing had happened.

另一方面,黑領椋鳥留下的巢似乎還有一點吸引力,上星期提到的一對麻鷹差不多 每天早上都來看看,把玩一下巢中的樹枝,只是沒有久留。由於筆者要上班,不能 全日監察,牠們日間有沒有再來就不得而知了。
On a separate thread, the nest abandoned by the Black-necked starlings seemed to have generated some interest among nesting couples. The pair of Kites, who first appeared last week, visited the nest briefly nearly every morning to play with the twigs. However it is know whether they kept coming during the rest of the day.

一對喜鵲也曾經來看過──那是星期三烏鴉來襲的第二天。當時還以為牠們要搬進 來,以便和喜鵲夫婦守望相助,共同扺禦烏鴉的侵襲。可惜牠們只出現了一次,以 後便再也不見了。
A pair of Magpies had also inspected the nest – in the morning immediately after the Crows’ raid. They could help to strengthen the defence against the Crows by moving in. However they were never seen again.

此外,每天清晨還有一隻獨行的麻鷹,停在泛光燈上休息數分鐘。
In addition, a lone Kite perches on one of the floodlights for a few minutes as part of its daily routine.

今天早上大嘴烏鴉又來搗亂,可能由於喜鵲夫婦的巢中已經沒有甚麼值得破壞,大 嘴烏鴉很快便離開了。
The Crow struck again this morning. It only stayed briefly, perhaps because little remained to be destroyed in the nest.

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2004, 7:57pm by Webcreeper » Logged
鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

« Reply #17 on: May 2nd, 2004, 12:38am »

上次大嘴烏鴉再度來襲之後,喜鵲夫婦沒有再像以前那樣時刻留在巢邊,而是轉到 了鄰近的黑領椋鳥的舊巢,每天大清早便在那裡出現。
After the last attack by the Large-billed Crows, the Magpies have moved to the nest abandoned by the Black-necked Starlings, turning up at the platform early each morning.

*日間也在那裡休息和理羽。
*They used the place for resting and grooming.

大嘴烏鴉每天清晨也到球場去,似乎要監視喜鵲夫婦,不讓他們在領域內營巢。
The Large-billed Crows also came to the playground early, probably to stop the Magpies from nesting within their territory.

日間大嘴烏鴉更不時停在喜鵲的巢邊,真的令喜鵲有家歸不得。
Sometimes the Large-billed Crows would just sit at the Magpies’ nest to keep the owners away.

喜鵲夫婦只好以黑領椋鳥的巢作為瞭望台,有時趁大嘴烏鴉不在,偷偷飛過去看看 ,然後又急急的離開。
The Magpies also used the Black-necked Starlings’ nest as a look-out. When the Large-billed Crows were not around, they would sneak back for a quick look at their old home.

*一天早上,喜鵲太太在巢邊理羽,一隻麻鷹飛到燈柱上,喜鵲太太和牠糾纏了一 陣,然後若無其事的繼續理羽,可見在喜鵲心目中麻鷹有甚麼地位。
*When Mrs. Magpie was grooming herself at the platform one morning, a Kite landed on the floodlight above. Mrs. Magpie fought the Kite for a few seconds and then continued grooming. You can get some idea about how Magpies think about Kites.

*每日黃昏,在球場周圍生活的喜鵲通常都有一個聚會,一邊互相追逐,一邊發出 kla-kla-kla-kla 的叫聲,喜鵲夫婦也會參加。
*Magpies living around the playground would flock together in the evening, chasing each other and making the characteristic magpie calls. Mr. and Mrs. Magpie would join the party.

今天早上又見到噪鵑停在黑領椋鳥舊巢的下面,上次拍的照片有點模糊,這次可以 清楚的看到牠花斑斑的尾羽。
A Koel appeared under the Black-necked Starlings’ nest this morning. The heavily marked tail can be seen clearly this time.

*一對黑領椋鳥停在噪鵑的上方,似乎完全不知道下面的鳥可能會是破壞牠們家庭 的第三者。
*A pair of Black-necked Starlings perched above the Koel – do they understand what the parasite can do?

噪鵑停了十多分鐘才飛走,不久在黑領椋鳥的舊巢出現,檢視一番之後又飛到喜鵲 夫婦的巢中察看,大概是在找尋「狸貓換太子」的機會吧。
The Koel left after about ten minutes. It was then seen checking the Black-necked Starlings’ and the Magpies’ nests, perhaps looking for opportunity to plant her eggs.

今日黃昏時分,喜鵲夫婦和鄰居聚會之後,特地回到黑領椋鳥的舊巢,叫了幾聲才 飛走。
After today’s evening gathering, the Magpies returned to the look-out, gave out a few calls and then left.

球場上的泛光燈今天終於亮起了,喜鵲夫婦還會繼續守著舊巢嗎?
The floodlights were finally turned on today – what will the Magpies do after that?

* 由於望遠鏡的視場有限,標有*號的照片實際上是由多張照片(大約於一分鐘內拍 攝)接合而成,以便更好的交代當時的情景。
* To deal with the limited field of view through the telescope, photos marked with * were in fact merged from more than one shot (usually taken within about one minute of each other).
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2004, 7:41am by Webcreeper » Logged
Denise
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

Birds are CUTE.

« Reply #18 on: May 5th, 2004, 7:59pm »

I loved reading about the magpies! I wonder what's going to happen next?

Denise
鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

« Reply #19 on: May 6th, 2004, 9:13pm »

So do I!

Just found a happier Magpie Story on the web, in Taipei:

剛在網上找到一個開心版喜鵲的故事--在台北:

http://archive.udn.com/2004/3/5/NEWS/INFOTECH/INF3/1881179.shtml

http://www.ey.gov.tw/web/magpie/BirdIndex.htm

比起仍是有家歸不得的喜鵲夫婦,台北那對就幸運得多了。

The Taipei couple is more fortunate, our Mr. and Mrs. Magpie still can't go home because of the Large-billed Crows.

鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

« Reply #20 on: May 9th, 2004, 11:49pm »

這個星期故事沒有甚麼新發展,大嘴烏鴉照舊監視著喜鵲夫婦……
There was little new development this week. The Large-billed Crows were still watching the Magpies.

而喜鵲夫婦則仍然時常留在黑領椋鳥的棄巢,甚少跑回舊巢那邊。參考台北行政院 外的喜鵲幼鳥已經離巢,我們的喜鵲夫婦會不會因為繁殖時機已過,所以沒有以前 那麼積極?
The Magpies continued to stay at the Black-necked Starlings’ abandoned nest, but now they seldom went over to their old nest. The chicks of the Taipei couple had already left the nest. Are our Magpies giving up because the breeding season has already expired?

他們有時還會挪動一下平台上的小樹枝,但是並非真正築巢。
Sometimes they would pick up some twigs on the platform, but this was not nest-building.

星期三清晨下了一場雨,雨後噪鵑走出來晾乾羽毛,不久便被喜鵲太太趕走。
A Koel came out to dry her feathers after rain on Wednesday morning. She was soon driven away by Mrs. Magpie.

喜鵲夫婦的球場原來上星期五已經啟用。我趁著上週日黃昏有空,過去近距離拍了 一些鳥巢的照片,同時實地觀察他們的活動。
The playground was opened last Friday. I went there last Sunday evening for some close-ups of the nest, and to find out what they were doing.

喜鵲太太比較怕人,只留在由鐵網圍著的草地上,和黑領椋鳥一起踱步。
Mrs. Magpie was quite shy – she stayed inside the mesh fence, strolling with some Black-necked Starlings.

喜鵲先生則比較大膽,可以讓我走得比較近。
On the other hand, Mr. Magpie accepted my close approach.

球場周圍都有「殺蟲有毒 請勿內進」的告示,希望殺蟲藥不會連鳥也殺死。
The sign reads “Pesticide. Please do not enter.”  It was posted all around the fence. I hope they had used a pesticide that is safe for birds.

昨天下午再到球場,打算再拍一些照片,但是他們卻留在燈柱上,久久沒有下來。  
I returned again yesterday for more photos, but the Magpies preferred to stay on the post.

時近黃昏,喜鵲太太停在亮著的泛光燈旁邊,那裡似乎並不十分熱。
As dusk approached, Mrs. Magpie perched beside the floodlights. It seemed that the temperature there was acceptable after all.

這時大嘴烏鴉又出現,會不會是要在休息之前再提醒喜鵲夫婦誰是球場的主人?
The Large-billed Crowed appeared again. Was it trying to remind the Magpies who’s in charge?

烏鴉走後,喜鵲先生飛到地上去,像是要找東西吃,而喜鵲太太則留在燈柱上。
After the Large-billed Crow has left, Mr. Magpie landed on the ground, probably for some snack. Mrs. Magpie remained on the post.

喜鵲先生似乎明白鐵網可以將我隔開,連我走到離他兩米以內那麼近也不理。兩個 月來我都是從遠處觀看,現在和他面對面,有點既熟悉又陌生的感覺。喜鵲先生在 草地上邊走邊搜索,直到太太在我背後叫了幾聲,才和她一起飛進球場旁邊的樹林 中,參加鄰居的黃昏聚會去了。
Mr. Magpie appeared to be quite sure about the security of the fence, ignoring me even when I approached to within two metres. After two months of monitoring from a long distance, I was at last face-to-face with this familiar stranger. He foraged on the grass until his mate called out behind me. He then flew with her into the bush outside the playground to socialize with neighbours.

《喜鵲的故事》轉眼已出了八集,情節可說暫時告一段落,是時候告別了。如果各位遇到類似觀察雀鳥的機會,希望也能夠貼在這裡和大家分享。再會!
That ends the Magpie Story. If you come across similar opportunities in learning about the life of birds, please do share with us in the BBS. Cheers!

cywong
BBS Member
BBS God

I am fascinated by birds!

Email

« Reply #21 on: May 10th, 2004, 6:43pm »

Dear Birdwatcher A,

Would you mind to tell us how to differentiate between Mr. and Mrs. Magpie?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

cywong

Thank you for sharing the joy of bird-watching.
鳥友A(BWA)
Committee Member
BBS God

I love Nature!

« Reply #22 on: May 10th, 2004, 10:00pm »

Good question!  All magpies wear the same black-and-white uniform, but I was fortunate enough to have a pair with long and short tails, from which I can at least tell them apart.

When I first began writing, I guessed the one with longer tail should be the male - a male with short tail would have difficulty finding a mate. (Of course, the tail could have been lost after pairing, but that is an afterthought).

I became more and more certain with further observation:

- Only Long-tail dared to fight the Large-billed Crows, it also stayed outside the nest most of the time

- Short-tail spent more time inside the nest

- Long-tail is quieter while Short-tail calls a lot (you probably won't agree to that! )

問得好!每隻喜鵲都穿著劃一的黑白晚禮服,幸好我遇到的一對有長短不一的尾巴 ,最少可以分辨出誰是誰。

當初動筆寫故事的時候,我猜長尾的應該是雄的-短尾的雄鳥相信很難找到老婆( 當然,那尾巴也可能是他們夫婦配對之後才丟掉的,但是當時沒有想到這一點)。  

當我觀察得愈久,便愈相信猜得沒錯:

- 只有長尾敢和大嘴烏鴉對抗,而且多留在巢外
- 短尾留在巢中的時間較長
- 長尾比較沉默寡言,而短尾則時常喋喋不休的鳴叫(你可能會不同意!

Etta
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #23 on: May 17th, 2004, 6:58pm »

on Apr 24th, 2004, 7:03pm, 鳥友A(BWA) wrote:
《喜鵲的故事》轉眼已出了八集,情節可說暫時告一段落,是時候告別了。如果各位遇到類似觀察雀鳥的機會,希望也能夠貼在這裡和大家分享。再會!
That ends the Magpie Story. If you come across similar opportunities in learning about the life of birds, please do share with us in the BBS. Cheers!  

Dear BWA,  

Thanks very much for your generous sharing.   I keep check back the story once for a while, if there are further progress of this pair, please don't mind to update us!

Happy birding,
Etta  
madsen122020
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching and TPK!

294974987 294974987    
Email

« Reply #24 on: Oct 29th, 2004, 8:37pm »

實在太感人了~~值得一睇再睇

要比普通人付出更大的努力,更多的時間
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.