BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 5:25am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Birding Reports & Tips 觀鳥報告及心得
(Moderators: Webcreeper, BBS Moderators)
   強烈指摘觀鳥熱線 Complaint about the Bird Line
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 強烈指摘觀鳥熱線 Complaint about the Bird Line  (Read 827 times)
P4killer
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

I love bird watching!

強烈指摘觀鳥熱線 Complaint about the Bird Line
« on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 4:48pm »

28/11/2004
本人發現了一涉禽---厚咀綠鳩,並於當天下午發報於www.hkpfc.net.
及後,經網友提示,叫本人打電話到粵語觀鳥熱線Chinese Birdline: 2465 xxxx ,提供資料以便紀錄.
當日晚上我打電話留言,說我發現了這鳥及留下聯絡電話.
至一小時後,一位90359xxx 的老先生致電給我,說明他是觀鳥會的會員(及後辦公室 馬小姐已確認此人身份.)
他和我談了不一會,取得鳥的位置,便匆匆掛線.令我不禁懷疑他是否真的想紀錄發 現.
今天,我又打了這個熱線電話號碼,竟然發現了錄音公報了這鳥的詳細地點,更甚者還提供前往方法及路線,亦表示已留下黃色膠袋作記號!
響11月28日晚上我和該老先生的談話中,他不斷強調香港觀鳥會是香港最權威的鳥會,處理這類事件會相當嚴謹.
但是,這老先生竟然出爾反爾,我對他的行為深感厭惡!

(translation by Webcreeper)

I reported my sighting of the wader Thick-billed Pigeon at www.hkpfc.net in the afternoon of 28/11/04, the same day of the discovery. Someone at that BBS advised me to report it to the Chinese Bird Line: 2465 xxxx.

I made the report in the evening and left my contact phone number.

An hour later, I received a call from an elderly man, who said he was a HKBWS member (confirmed by Ms. Ma of the HKBWS Office). The conversation was very brief. He hung up shortly after getting the location of the bird. I wondered whether he really wanted the report.

When I called the Bird Line today, I was surprised to hear a recorded message giving the detailed location of the bird and how to get there. A yellow plastic bag was even placed there as a landmark.

During the phone call on 28/11/04 evening, the elderly gentleman emphasized repeatedly that HKBWS is the bird authority in Hong Kong, and that the case would be handled with great care. I was disgusted with such gross inconsistence between what he said and what he did!

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:10pm by Webcreeper » Logged
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

Re: 強烈指摘觀鳥熱線 Complaint about the Bird Line
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:25pm »

為免引起不必要的爭議,暫時封鎖這條留言,本會在查清事實後會盡快回應。

To avoid unnecessary disputes, this thread is locked for the time being. We will respond as soon as possible after having clarified the facts.

>}o-}o-   >}o-         >}o-    .......x
HKBWS Office
BBS Member
BBS God

WWW Email

Re: 強烈指摘觀鳥熱線 Complaint about the Bird Line
« Reply #2 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 10:59am »

P4Killer 你好    

多謝你對這事的關心及提出可能發生的問題。

關於觀鳥熱線,我們已經馬上與主持人聯絡,為免再有誤會,有關信息己經調整。  

香港觀鳥會設立這條「觀鳥熱線」的目的,是希望可以盡快和會員分享最新的鳥況,同時對罕見鳥種,搜集多些相關資料,令本港的鳥類紀錄更加詳實準確。請你放心,我們的會員都是愛鳥之人,懂得自律,觀鳥時一定會避免做出對雀鳥不利的事。

你提及的那位「老先生」是觀鳥熱線主持人,他有多年觀鳥經驗,義務在工後餘負 責收聽熱線的留言,小心確認資料後,再錄音發佈,和鳥友分享新發現。這次在熱 線的披露,以及報道內容的詳細程度,我們相信可能是誤會,我們將會小心檢討。 我要在此強調,提交資料予本會紀錄委員會,不論是透過熱線或其他方法,都是安 全和可靠的。

無論如何,你的留言提醒我們要小心處理類似情況,非常感謝,也歡迎你繼續提出 寶貴意見。  

香港觀鳥會經理(項目及傳訊)  
馬嘉慧

-----------------------------------------

(translation for the response)

Hi P4Killer,

Thanks for your concern about the issue, and also for pointing out potential problems.

We have contacted the keeper of the Bird Line. The content of the message has been adjusted to avoid misunderstanding.

The purpose of the HKBWS "Bird Line" is to share the latest news about birds with members, and to facilitate them to collect relevant information that will enrich Hong Kong's bird records. We all love birds, and will exercise discipline to avoid harming them while birdwatching.

The "elderly gentleman" that you mentioned is the keeper of the Bird Line. He has many years of bird watching experience. He also offers voluntary support after work, to collect and verify verbal bird reports and to disseminate them via the automatic answering machine, so as to share with information with members. I believed there might be misunderstanding on revealing information through the Bird Line, and on the level of details. It would be carefully reviewed in the light of this incident. I need to point up that it is safe and effective to submit records to the HKBWS Records Committee through the hotline or other means.

Thanks for reminding us to handle similar incidents with care. Any further suggestions are always welcome.  

Carrie Ma
Manager (Projects and Communication)
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

From the HKBWS Office
Pages: 1  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.