BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 4th, 2024, 1:25am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Birding Reports & Tips 觀鳥報告及心得
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   Ibisbills in Beijing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ibisbills in Beijing  (Read 379 times)
HKBWS Project
HKBWS Officers
BBS God

Please support HKBWS!

Ibisbills in Beijing
« on: Aug 24th, 2005, 11:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear all

Yes, Ibisbills seems to be around and easy to see in the mountain sterams north of Beijing. In January I saw a total of nine birds in a few separate groups about one hours drive north of Beijing.

Bjorn Anderson, Beijing

On a brief trip to China in June, I was amazed to discover that there are ibisbills within easy reach of Beijing. Jesper Hornskov took me to see them in mountains 2-3 hours' drive north of the capital, at a site called Xiangshuihe (Perfume River) in Huairou district. I had always assumed this is a Himalayan/Central Asian species that I would have to go to Tibet or possibly Mongolia to see, but no, you don't need to travel nearly that far to see them. We saw three birds together, and Jesper tells me they seem to be there year round. The site is fairly accessible if you know where it is and you seem to be guaranteed to find them there. Other birds seen include long-billed plover, crested kingfisher, vinous-throated parrotbill, etc.

This is apparently not the only site in Beijing municipality where ibisbills have been recorded. China Bird Report 2003 reports one as having been seen at Baihepu reservoir, Yanqing county, near the border with Hebei province on April 20, 2003 .

If you want to see ibisbills near Beijing, contact Jesper <goodbird@vip.sina.com>.

Michael Rank
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2005, 2:49pm by Webcreeper » Logged

HKBWS Manager (Projects & Communication)
香港觀鳥會 經理(項目及傳訊)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.